2017 NetVU Award Winners Honored for Outstanding Achievements
Staff Writer | March 23, 2017
Network of Vertafore Users (NetVU) celebrated outstanding achievements in automation excellence, technology advocacy, leadership, volunteer service, and chapter management at an Awards Gala held during its 2017 NetVU Conference at the Music City Convention Center.
"Each year, we recognize those who have made significant and lasting contributions to the NetVU community and the insurance industry," says NetVU CEO Kitty Ambers. "These are individuals and organizations whose dedication and service have made NetVU's educational, networking and advocacy initiatives possible."
Winners were announced for the Automation Excellence Award (both carriers and agencies), Insurance Technology Advocate Award in Memory of Wade S. Dunbar Jr., Volunteer of the Year Award in Memory of James M. Gibson, Leadership Award in Memory of Louie E. Woodbury Jr., and Chairman's Award.
Automation Excellence Award
The Automation Excellence Award recognizes carriers, MGAs, and agencies that have demonstrated significant achievements in automation technology to promote productivity, profitability and service for NetVU members. Winners in this category have advanced cutting-edge ideas to enhance efficiency, increase profitability and streamline operations.
- Automation Excellence Award, Regional Carrier – Selective Insurance Company
- Automation Excellence Award, National Carrier – The Hartford
- Automation Excellence Award, Small Agency – Patterson & Associates Insurance Agency
- Automation Excellence Award, Large Agency – The Crichton Group
Insurance Technology Advocate Award in Memory of Wade S. Dunbar Jr.
This award is presented to an individual who has led the industry in technological advancement and provided leadership on an industry-wide basis. NetVU developed the award to recognize those who emulate Wade Dunbar's passion for streamlining the insurance process.
Winner – Ron Berg, executive director, IIIBA's Agents Council for Technology
Volunteer of the Year Award in Memory of James M. Gibson
The award recognizes an individual for outstanding volunteer service to NetVU and its community of members during the past year, and has led through example and achieving results.
Winner – Janet Tuttle, operations manager, TDECU Insurance Agency
Leadership Award in Memory of Louie E. Woodbury Jr.
This award recognizes long-time leadership, proven achievement and contributions to NetVU and the industry. The recipient of this award is recognized as a leader in his community, the industry and within NetVU in support of its mission.
Winner – Kevin Wheeler, principal, Cardinal Insurance Services and past chairman of NetVU
The current NetVU chairman presents the Chairman's Award for service to NetVU during the past year. Awards in the past have been issued to members, Vertafore employees, insurance carriers and industry partners working in conjunction with the chairman on NetVU initiatives.
Winner – Jenny Petersen, systems administration manager, Brightway Insurance
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Sapiens DECISION Recognized as a “Hot Vendor in Digital Business Platforms, 2017”
- DATAMATX Announces Prelude Software as New Solutions Partner
- Quadient Appoints Christian Hartigan President and General Manager of the Americas
- Gibraltar BSN Life Berhad Selects Majesco Distribution Management and Majesco Digital Solutions
- Desjardins General Insurance Group Deploys EIS Suite for Commercial Lines
- Acuity Modernizes Customer Communications Management with OpenText Exstream and ValueMomentum
- COUNTRY Financial Joins Roost’s Home Telematics Program
- Roost partners with The Weather Company
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views