2017 NetVU Award Winners Honored for Outstanding Achievements
Staff Writer | March 23, 2017
Network of Vertafore Users (NetVU) celebrated outstanding achievements in automation excellence, technology advocacy, leadership, volunteer service, and chapter management at an Awards Gala held during its 2017 NetVU Conference at the Music City Convention Center.
"Each year, we recognize those who have made significant and lasting contributions to the NetVU community and the insurance industry," says NetVU CEO Kitty Ambers. "These are individuals and organizations whose dedication and service have made NetVU's educational, networking and advocacy initiatives possible."
Winners were announced for the Automation Excellence Award (both carriers and agencies), Insurance Technology Advocate Award in Memory of Wade S. Dunbar Jr., Volunteer of the Year Award in Memory of James M. Gibson, Leadership Award in Memory of Louie E. Woodbury Jr., and Chairman's Award.
Automation Excellence Award
The Automation Excellence Award recognizes carriers, MGAs, and agencies that have demonstrated significant achievements in automation technology to promote productivity, profitability and service for NetVU members. Winners in this category have advanced cutting-edge ideas to enhance efficiency, increase profitability and streamline operations.
- Automation Excellence Award, Regional Carrier – Selective Insurance Company
- Automation Excellence Award, National Carrier – The Hartford
- Automation Excellence Award, Small Agency – Patterson & Associates Insurance Agency
- Automation Excellence Award, Large Agency – The Crichton Group
Insurance Technology Advocate Award in Memory of Wade S. Dunbar Jr.
This award is presented to an individual who has led the industry in technological advancement and provided leadership on an industry-wide basis. NetVU developed the award to recognize those who emulate Wade Dunbar's passion for streamlining the insurance process.
Winner – Ron Berg, executive director, IIIBA's Agents Council for Technology
Volunteer of the Year Award in Memory of James M. Gibson
The award recognizes an individual for outstanding volunteer service to NetVU and its community of members during the past year, and has led through example and achieving results.
Winner – Janet Tuttle, operations manager, TDECU Insurance Agency
Leadership Award in Memory of Louie E. Woodbury Jr.
This award recognizes long-time leadership, proven achievement and contributions to NetVU and the industry. The recipient of this award is recognized as a leader in his community, the industry and within NetVU in support of its mission.
Winner – Kevin Wheeler, principal, Cardinal Insurance Services and past chairman of NetVU
The current NetVU chairman presents the Chairman's Award for service to NetVU during the past year. Awards in the past have been issued to members, Vertafore employees, insurance carriers and industry partners working in conjunction with the chairman on NetVU initiatives.
Winner – Jenny Petersen, systems administration manager, Brightway Insurance
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Appointment of Wendy Aarons-Corman as CEO of OWIT Global
- 360Globalnet Connecting with Insurer Community as AAIS Associate Partner
- Agero Names George Horvat as Chief Operations Officer
- FRISS Joins Duck Creek Partner Ecosystem to Provide Risk and Fraud Detection Solutions to Property & Casualty Insurers Worldwide
- Nationwide Announces New Tech Partnership to Improve Safety for Long-Haul Truck Drivers
- Global Investments in Insurtech: Digitalization Taking Hold
- Lucens Group Announces Corporate Name Change to Claimify to Reflect Commitment to its Software Platform
- The Co-operators Drives Innovative Claims Process with Guidewire InsurancePlatform Cloud-Based Predictive Analytics System
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE