AAA Carolinas Selects Guidewire’s InsuranceSuite
Staff Writer | May 13, 2016
AAA Carolinas, an affiliate of the AAA federation of clubs, and Guidewire Software, Inc., announce that AAA Carolinas has selected Guidewire InsuranceSuite as its underwriting, rating, policy administration, billing, and claims management platform.
The company has also selected Guidewire Account Management Portal for Policyholders and Quote and Buy Portal for Policyholders to enhance the digital experience of its customers. AAA Carolinas will be accessing these products in a private cloud, with implementation, ongoing services, and support provided by Ernst & Young, a Guidewire PartnerConnect Consulting Premier member.
AAA Carolinas also selected EY’s Insurance Nexus strategic offering, to transform how they do business and enhance their commitment to serving their agents and policyholders. The company plans to provide an integrated foundation that works together to provide a holistic experience for their users. The company will be implementing the products across all lines of business at the same time, running new business and converting their existing business onto the new systems.
“Speed-to-market is a critically important business driver for us, as aging systems kept us operating as a ‘development shop’ and unable to address agent and policyholder demands in a timely manner,” says Jim McCafferty, president, AAA Insurance of the Carolinas. “We felt that a hosted, managed services approach would be the best one to take to enable our agents to focus on their core competency: providing our policyholders with the very best insurance and service we can offer. And with Guidewire Digital Portals being tightly integrated with InsuranceSuite, we can also easily offer self-service capabilities as an additional option to our policyholders.”
Shawn Cherry, vice president and chief information officer, AAA Carolinas, adds, “We were interested in an integrated suite of products that could offer a consistent look and feel across the portfolio to our agents and employees. Guidewire InsuranceSuite and Digital Portals will enable them to be able to access one customer record across all systems and channels, providing a 360-degree view for customer relationship management.”
Guidewire’s portfolio of products and EY’s Insurance Nexus offering will enable AAA Carolinas to:
- Improve staff productivity by leveraging comprehensive core system functionality and enhanced user friendliness through decreased manual processes;
- Provide deeper insight into the company’s book of business due to better business intelligence and data mining; and
- Lower overall expense ratio.
“AAA Carolinas is continuing an industry trend towards leveraging technology and flexible deployment models in order to enhance what they do best - provide a great experience for their policyholders, agents, and employees,” said Steve Sherry, senior vice president, worldwide sales, Guidewire Software. “We applaud the company’s commitment to help ensure their ability to compete in the rapidly changing insurance marketplace and we look forward to working with them and EY on this project.”
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- 2019 Global Insurance Accelerator Cohort Reflects Evolution of InsurTech
- Nearly 50% of US Insurers Are Enhancing Security Capabilities Across the Board, Says Novarica
- Xchange Benefits Acquires the Assets of J. Allan Hall & Associates, Inc.
- HazardHub Celebrates 2018
- Slice Launch Studio
- Crawford Technologies Experiences its Strongest Year of Sales and Growth
- InsureTech Company Accurence Secures Fourth Patent
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE