ACORD Bolsters Executive Leadership with New Board Appointments
Staff Writer | September 07, 2017
ACORD announces it has strengthened its executive leadership with the election of two new board members. Insurance industry leaders Mark Knipfer and Christopher B. Smith join the ACORD Board of Directors effective immediately. Sal Branca, senior vice president at AIG, will continue his role as board chair.
"ACORD is pleased to welcome these two new members to our board," says ACORD president and CEO Bill Pieroni. "The addition of these industry leaders to our board helps ensure ACORD continues to meet the evolving needs of the insurance industry and proactively address our members' needs."
The appointment of Knipfer and Smith brings the total number of ACORD Board members to 26, and continues the organization's commitment to bring together a diverse mix of industry stakeholders, with the goal of driving innovation while facilitating effectiveness and efficiency.
Knipfer is the COO for Zurich North America and is a leading force in driving business results for Zurich's strategic and operational transformation initiatives. Knipfer joined Zurich in 2007 and has served in various senior roles within the organization. Previously, he was an associate principal at McKinsey & Company and an associate at Salomon Brothers, Inc.
Smith is executive vice president and head of global operations at MetLife. Smith has more than 25 years of industry expertise, and currently oversees MetLife's core insurance operations including underwriting, policy administration, and claims.
Before being selected to lead the Global Operations group, Smith served as chief of staff to Steven A. Kandarian, MetLife chairman, president and CEO, while simultaneously serving as chairman of the board of the MetLife Foundation. Smith began his career at MetLife in 1992 and has held various senior roles in group insurance and investments and served as chief enterprise strategy officer.
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Desjardins General Insurance Group Deploys EIS Suite for Commercial Lines
- Acuity Modernizes Customer Communications Management with OpenText Exstream and ValueMomentum
- COUNTRY Financial Joins Roost’s Home Telematics Program
- Roost partners with The Weather Company
- Majesco Launches Majesco Digital1st Insurance, an Innovative Next Generation Platform Solution as the Foundation of a New Business Unit
- New Release of EIS Group’s ClaimCore System Delivers Dental Claims Management
- Westfield Streamlines Commercial Lines Underwriting Through New Verisk and Duck Creek Technologies Integration
- MADISON MUTUAL INSURANCE CHOOSES ROOST HOME TELEMATICS SOLUTIONS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views