Accurence's acquisition of National Water finalized
Bill Sinn | June 21, 2019
InsureTech company Accurence, Inc. today announced that its acquisition of the software division of National Water, LLC was finalized on June 14, 2019. National Water is a Jacksonville, Fla.-based company dedicated to accurately estimating and auditing mitigation estimates from water losses and flood claims.
Accurence is passionate about building smart property insurance solutions, leading the way in automated adjusting solutions. Accurence helps adjusters and contractors confidently assess all homeowner peril types with its proprietary, patented technologies that automate the scope of repairs. Through mobile applications that integrate with major insurance carrier guidelines, the company delivers efficiencies in insurance claims that build homeowner trust and drive consistently smarter business.
The combination of Accurence's expertise in wind, hail, flood, and other structural loss types with National Water's proficiency in water results in a highly automated and comprehensive guideline management platform for the insurance industry after severe weather and other events resulting in homeowner and commercial claims.
"The expanding team enhances Accurence's leadership status in guideline standardization and automation for the industry," said Accurence CEO Jake Labrie. "The marketplace today and future trends demand the best technology in this area to unlock significant workflow opportunities and policyholder enhancements. Accurence is dedicated to partnerships like this to provide the best results for the industry."
The acquisition adds depth to Accurence's existing product offerings and client portfolio as National Water and Accurence have provided mitigation auditing services since 2018 for one of the nation's largest insurance carriers for water damage claims.
Under the terms of the deal, National Water is now wholly absorbed into Accurence. As a result, the standards and guideline algorithms behind National Water's existing software—PRIME Flood, PRIME P&C, and PRIME Audit—are planned to be completely incorporated into the Accurence product line, creating a unified suite of scoping and auditing tools. The National Water products will be renamed to conform to Accurence's brand standards by the fourth quarter of 2019.
Additional staff are being added to the Jacksonville team, and personnel in both Florida and Colorado are being cross-trained to ensure effective support is provided for all of the applications.
The acquisition, Accurence's first, follows a strategic partnership between the companies forged more than a year ago.
- Electronic Chat with Russ Bostick
- Electronic Chat with Rock Schindler
- Electronic Chat with John Siegman
- Electronic Chat with Martin Burlingame
- Insurtech Landscape 2019: Top 5 Takeaways
- Grinnell Mutual Tackles Massive Transformation -- in Stride
- A Candid Conversation with Paul Mang
- SageSure Insurance Managers Improved Competitiveness by Consolidating Payments to a Single Digital Platform
- Digital Does Matter in Insurance-- And Insurers are Missing the Mark
- The 22nd-Century Insurer: Taking a Cloud-First IT Approach
- The September/October 2019 issue of ITA PRO magazine is now available in digital format here:
- ITA Pro Magazine May/June 2019
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Synergy Between Insurers' IT and Analytics Teams Key to Operationalizing Insights, Says Novarica
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Root Insurance Company Launches New Renters Insurance
- Trexis Insurance Goes Live with the Duck Creek Core Suite OnDemand and Duck Creek Insights
- Roost® Announces Commercial Property Telematics Partnership with Church Mutual Insurance Company
- Arch Insurance Live with Majesco Billing for P&C on Majesco CloudInsurer™
- Conning: Life Insurance Sector Catching Up in Terms of Innovation
- Efma and Accenture Announce Winners of Innovation in Insurance Awards in North America
- Guidewire Congratulates 2019 Innovation Award Winners – Aviva Italy, CAA Insurance Company, Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho, and FRIDAY
- Burns & Wilcox Implements Majesco Digital1st Insurance™ Platform as the Foundation for Latest Digital Growth Strategy
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2020
ITA LIVE 2020 –SAVE THE DATE!
April 5th – 7th, 2020
The Diplomat Resort
Become a member today to receive updates – www.itapro.org/MR
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE