AgencyBloc Brings Real-Time Analytics to Dashboard
Staff Writer | February 03, 2016
AgencyBloc, an agency management system/CRM built specifically for life and health insurance agencies, has released an enhancement to their SaaS platform for insurance agencies. The enhancement brings clarity to an agency’s book of business through real-time analytics and graphs, which allows an agency to make informed business decisions.
As insurance agencies face increased competition, the ability to make informed business decisions at a rapid pace has become vitally important.
Blue Hill Research reports that at the highest levels of decision-making, companies must make challenging leaps of understanding in the face of nuance and uncertainty. They often rely on data and analysis in tandem with intuition to guide the process. Making analysis more digestible to the human mind through data visualization is an important element in complementing our decision-making.
"When asked to rank upcoming product features, our clients told us that being able to analyze data visually was key,” says Jennifer Warne, product manager at AgencyBloc. “Giving insurance agencies the tools they need to outsell their competition, retain important business, and make quick, salient business decisions is very important to us. For this reason, AgencyBloc adjusted our product roadmap to bring visual analytics to our client community sooner rather than later."
Although agencies have historically run reports, created manual graphs via Excel spreadsheets or searched for third-party vendors to visualize their data, these options are time-consuming and often expensive. AgencyBloc sought to overcome these obstacles, by providing visualizations driven by real-time data at no additional cost.
The goal of AgencyBloc’s Dashboard Analytics is to provide the information agency owners need to answer the following questions:
- How productive is the agency?
- Where does most of the agency's business come from?
- Which carriers does the agency have most of its business with?
- Which products sell well, which don’t?
- Where are the cross-sell opportunities?
- Who are the agency's top performing agents?
Agency owners can monitor the various parts of their business and identify opportunities in the following ways:
- Activities/To-do’s: Measure productivity by tracking the status and completion activities.
- Groups: Monitor where group business comes from, top lead sources, and understand the group sales cycle.
- Individuals: Manage the efficiency of the sales cycle with graphs showing Individual status and type (client, prospect, ex-client, etc.).
- Policies: Identify cross-sell opportunities and see what coverage types hold the most business.
- Carriers: Discover how much business is invested in each carrier.
- Commissions: Identify top revenue performing agents and uncover missing commissions.
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Visioning, Setting Scope, and Execution Planning Critical for Successful Digital Strategies, Says Novarica
- ITS Implements QA Best Practices for Rockford Mutual
- FireLight® by Insurance Technologies Features New Advanced User Experience Capabilities and Wizard Designer
- InsurTech Startup Betterview Launches New AI Driven Roof Report to Immediately Identify Roof Condition & Characteristics
- Larger Insurers Extending their Analytics Leads and Piloting Artificial Intelligence, says 3rd Annual Novarica New Normal 100 Benchmark
- 360Globalnet Augments Services and Implementation Capabilities
- TechCanary Incorporates in Canada as TechCanary Insurance Software of Canada ULC
- XL Catlin to Build World’s First On-Demand Cyber Insurance Solution with Slice ICS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views