Allstate Designates Official “Day for Play” in 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup™ Tournament Cities
Bill Sinn | June 12, 2019
As part of its commitment to the soccer community, Allstate announced today it will designate an official “Day for Play” in select 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup™ cities ahead of key tournament matches. Free and open to the public, the Allstate “Day for Play” encourages soccer fans and players alike to get outside and celebrate their passion and love for the sport. As a three-time sponsor of the biennial tournament, Allstate continues to reinforce its dedication to protecting the future of the game and its passionate fanbase.
Allstate “Day for Play” celebrations will include pop-up soccer challenges and ticket giveaways ahead of select Gold Cup Tournament matches. Each “Day for Play” event will feature goalkeeper battles where fans will not only have the chance to try their skills against fellow competitors, but also against career soccer legend and protector of the goal, Tony Meola, who has played in previous Gold Cup Tournaments. The coveted Gold Cup trophy will also make an appearance, allowing fans to get up close and personal while posing for photos before it takes the field during the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup Tournament.
As part of its dedication to protecting and preserving the sport, Allstate will host a soccer ball exchange at each “Day for Play” event where people can trade in an old or worn out soccer ball for a new one. All used soccer balls collected on-site will be recycled as part of the community initiative.
“Soccer not only brings people together, it creates lasting communities, and that’s worth protecting,” said Pam Hollander, vice president of consumer marketing for Allstate. “The ‘Day for Play’ is our way of celebrating the sport and its loyal fans by providing this unique experience, whether that’s taking a chance at scoring on a soccer great, posing for a photo with the Gold Cup trophy or walking away with a brand new soccer ball to pursue your passion for the sport.”
Soccer legend Tony Meola will join Allstate for its “Day for Play” and take part in the activities and celebration with the soccer community. Fans can meet the former USMNT soccer legend as he travels to events across the country throughout the 2019 Gold Cup Tournament.
“Soccer brings old and new fans together and unites communities to share in the enthusiasm, tradition and revelry of the sport,” Meola said. “I’m proud to team up with Allstate to celebrate the sport and designate a day that encourages everyone to get outside and enjoy the game.”
Allstate will host official “Day for Play” events in the following cities:
- Friday, June 14 – Pasadena, Calif. (Central Park, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. PT)
- Monday, June 17 – St. Paul, Minn. (Lower Mall Minnesota State Capitol, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. CT)
- Friday, June 21 – Charlotte, N.C. (NASCAR Hall of Fame Plaza, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. ET)
- Tuesday, June 25 – Kansas City, Mo. (Power & Light District, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. CT)
- Friday, June 28 – Philadelphia, Pa. (Cherry Street Pier, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. ET)
- Wednesday, July 3 – Nashville, Tenn. (Walk of Fame Park, 12 – 5 p.m. CT)
- Saturday, July 6 – Chicago, Ill. (Maggie Daley Park, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. CT)
As a longtime sponsor of the Mexican National Team (MNT), Major League Soccer (MLS) and the Concacaf Gold Cup Tournament, Allstate is committed to protecting the soccer community. Over the past decade, the company has refurbished community soccer fields across the country, donated soccer equipment to underprivileged players and partnered with legends of the sport to coach youth leagues, in addition to providing many experiences for soccer fans.
The 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup will be played from June 15 – July 7, involving 16 teams from the region. Qualifying countries for this year’s tournament are (in alphabetical order): Bermuda, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, El Salvador, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago and the United States. The biennial Concacaf Gold Cup has established itself as the region’s premier tournament for national teams, routinely drawing capacity crowds and millions of viewers across the region. This year will mark the 15th edition of the tournament following its inception in 1991.
- ITA Pro Magazine May/June 2019
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Are Personal Lines Insurers Investing in Foundational Technologies?
- The Dentists Insurance Company Selects Guidewire InsurancePlatform for Data Management and Analytics
- Valen Unveils New ‘Unavailable Loss History Model’ for Workers’ Compensation
- Insurers Replacing Distribution/Compensation Management Systems as Part of Modernization Strategies; Novarica Profiles 10 Vendor Solutions
- HazardHub zooms past 100 billion data points for Property analysis
- ClarionDoor Adds New Head of Data and Analytics
- Zywave Introduces Comprehensive Learning Management System
- Insurance Industry Buys into RiskGenius Yet Again
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
The personal lines segment of the insurance industry is quite active today, with many initiatives and projects underway across the value chain... READ MORE
Nowadays, transformation is a top buzzword in the insurance world. But beyond the buzz, it reflects what is happening in the insurance industry today... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE