Auto Club Group Selects Guidewire Data, Digital Capabilities
Staff Writer | May 15, 2017
The Auto Club Group (ACG) and Guidewire Software announce that ACG has selected Guidewire Core, Data, and Digital products to transform its business processes. Capgemini, a Guidewire PartnerConnect consulting alliance member, will lead the implementation.
The Auto Club Group (ACG) aims to modernize its core systems infrastructure and operations to improve speed-to-market, and offer a seamless, omni-channel digital experience to its agents and members while reducing system maintenance costs. Guidewire PolicyCenter and BillingCenter, along with Guidewire Rating Management were selected as ACG’s new platform for underwriting, rating, policy administration, and billing.
The company has also chosen Guidewire DataHub and InfoCenter as its enterprise-wide data management and business intelligence solution, as well as Guidewire Quote and Buy Portal for Policyholders and Gateway Portal for Agents to enhance the digital experiences of its members and agents. ACG will replace existing policy and billing platforms for its personal auto, home, and umbrella lines of business in all states in which it conducts business in a phased implementation approach.
“The flexibility, innovation, and agility provided by the Guidewire suite of products will better allow us to be there for our AAA members and policyholders whenever and wherever they need us,” says Joseph J. Richardson Jr., president and CEO, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “In addition, we will be more competitive in the fast-moving insurance market, and we will enhance the service we provide our agents. Guidewire’s product maturity, market share, and track record of successful implementations were important factors in our decision-making process.”
“Speed-to-market is a critically important business driver for us,” said Shohreh Abedi, ACG’s executive vice president, chief operations technology officer and membership experience. “We are excited about the innovative tools we’ll be able to offer our agents and policyholders to help us meet current and future business and IT goals.”
The Guidewire products will enable ACG to:
- Increase customer retention by offering omni-channel sales and service options, more comprehensive and responsive product offerings and increased billing flexibility;
- Achieve premium growth from better pricing accuracy and risk tolerance;
- Improve productivity through greater system automation; and
- Lower total cost of ownership by consolidating on to a single platform.
“We are pleased ACG entrusted Capgemini with this high-impact enterprise-wide implementation,” says Jack Dugan, corporate vice president and head of insurance, Capgemini. “By selecting transformational Guidewire products, ACG is acting to meet the needs of its members, agents and policyholders in a fast-moving insurance market. We look forward to working with ACG and Guidewire on this program.”
“As a trusted organization with decades of invaluable service to their auto club members, ACG is ideally suited to lead as an insurer in a new era of digital customer engagement,” says Marcus Ryu, CEO and co-founder, Guidewire Software. “We are honored by ACG’s selection of Guidewire’s Core, Data, and Digital products to provide the technology foundation for their business transformation, and we look forward to working with them and Capgemini on this ambitious program.”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Medical Malpractice Insurers Investing in Analytics and Emerging Tech in Face of Market Pressures, Says Novarica
- Insurtech AI Leader Betterview Appoints Dan Shoham, PhD, as Chief Science Officer
- Vermont Mutual Insurance Group Selects One Inc for Digital Payments
- Insurers Embracing Machine Vision for Underwriting and Claims, Says Novarica
- Nationwide partners with Slice Labs to develop on-demand auto insurance for rideshare drivers
- AM Best Requests Comments on Draft Criteria: Scoring and Assessing Innovation
- Majesco Acquires Insurance Software Business in India
- MEMIC Scholarship for Families of Injured Workers Now Accepting Applications
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
There are so many great advances in the area of smart homes and buildings, it makes me wonder what the actual impact has been, or what I might have... READ MORE
This month, the ITA celebrates Insurance Careers Month and encourages carriers, brokers, agents and our industry associations to plan their own... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE