Baldwin Krystyn Sherman Partners Announces Partnership With Jacksonville-based Montoya & Associates
Bill Sinn | September 10, 2018
Baldwin Krystyn Sherman Partners (BKS-Partners), an insurance brokerage and risk management firm headquartered in Tampa, FL, is pleased to announce its partnership with Montoya & Associates. BKS-Partners has several locations throughout the Southeast representing over 250 employees. The partnership finalized on Thursday, August 2, 2018.
“Throughout the years we have worked hard to develop processes, partnerships, and unique strategies to help enhance our clients’ lives and provide them with meaningful solutions. We chose to partner with BKS-Partners as part of our growth strategy due to their tremendous commitment to invest in tools and talent. This partnership will allow us to continue to innovate our firm and deliver an even better experience to our clients,” said Will Montoya.
The advisors at Montoya & Associates will continue to conduct Wealth Management business under the Montoya Name in conjunction with Kestra Investment Services, LLC and Kestra Advisory Services, LLC. Employee Benefits, Private Risk Management, Commercial Risk and Retirement Plan Services will operate under the BKS-Partners name in conjunction with Kestra Advisory Services, LLC.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, Montoya & Associates is well-known for providing clients with a holistic approach to the oversight of business and financial needs. Montoya’s team of highly experienced associates and staff have been working for over 30 years to deliver unique strategies for employee benefits, risk protection, and financial services to clients.
BKS-Partners bears a nationwide network of clients and has been strategically expanding their footprint throughout the Southeast. The partnership with Montoya & Associates marks their first office in the Jacksonville market. Earlier this Year, BKS-Partners acquired Cadence Insurance and Midsouth Benefits which introduced them into Alabama, Georgia, and Texas.
While expansion into new markets remains a strategic growth initiative for BKS-Partners, their primary focus remains on providing best-in-class services and consistent results to clients.
“We are thrilled to begin working with the team in Jacksonville,” said Elizabeth Krystyn, Founding Partner of BKS-Partners. “Montoya & Associates has earned a stellar reputation in the marketplace by offering exemplary service for decades. We plan to add value to that established service by offering additional resources and processes to strengthen the experience of current and future clients.”
“It’s exciting to share the news of the partnership,” concluded Montoya. “We’re confident that our clients and colleagues will be enthusiastically pleased with the growth opportunities BKS-Partner has to offer.”
The transition to the Baldwin Krystyn Sherman platform is in progress. Krystyn noted that “MarshBerry was tapped to be the investment banking and consulting firm brokering the transaction on behalf of Montoya & Associates. As the nation’s leading sell side adviser for the past 19 years, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence, their guidance and industry expertise provided invaluable insight making the transaction a seamless process.”
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Cloverleaf Analytics Announces Version 2.0 Release
- AmWINS selects ClarionDoor’s Digital Distribution Suite to Power Underwriting Platform
- Ask Kodiak Connects TrustedChoice.com Carrier Appetite to TechCanary Agency Management System
- Seth Bostock Joins Lucens Group as CTO with Vision to Simplify the Disability Insurance Experience
- Life Insurers Enhancing Claims Systems, Novarica Profiles Six Prominent Providers
- HazardHub Releases Frozen Pipe Score, Ice Dam Score and enhanced Weather Variables
- Big Gains & Big Bets in the Independent Insurance Channel
- Life/Annuity Insurers Taking Product and Distribution Strategy Cues from InsureTech, says Novarica
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
The Insurance Technology Association is pleased to announce that ITA Live 2019 is scheduled for May 5-7, 2019 at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and... READ MORE
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views