Competition Level to Step Up in 2015
Robert Regis Hyle | December 16, 2014
The folks at Majesco have been busy lately. There’s been a bevy of announcements coming from the technology solution provider since early fall when they announced the company would change its name from MajescoMastek to simply Majesco, but it turns out that was just the start of things.
It culminated—at least we think it culminated—with the announcement on Sunday that Cover-All Technologies will merge with Majesco with the combined forces rallying under the Majesco name.
This comes after last week’s acquisition of Agile Technologies and dipping into the analyst market to snatch Chad Hersh away from The Nolan Co. and make him an executive vice president in charge of the life & annuity and group & worksite benefits business. Majesco also hired Ed Ossie as its chief operating officer. That’s enough news to satisfy most business over the course of a year, much less a couple of months.
The solution provider market goes through periods like this occasionally, but it’s hard to remember when one company made so many changes in such a short period of time.
Certainly the Cover-All deal is the big one. The merger creates a large player in the insurance technology market. The two companies have a combined 150 insurance carrier customers and revenue of more than $100 million.
As Celent’s Donald Light points out, “Scale has always been a plus in the insurance software business. It speaks to a demonstrated ability to create and maintain insurer relationships. Technology firms with more customers have broader and deeper IP; and more resources to invest in getting better. That said, size alone is no guarantee of success. Smarts and agility and foresight are not correlated with size. Majesco has moved quickly to create a big player with impressive resources. Now comes the harder, but necessary, work of integration, vision, and creating value for current and future customers.”
There is no shortage of competition in the insurance IT market, so other solution providers are unlikely to be scared off by the new look of Majesco, but this certainly juices up the battle for investment dollars coming from insurance carriers. We are still two weeks from 2015, but the New Year already has the makings of an interesting time.
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Visioning, Setting Scope, and Execution Planning Critical for Successful Digital Strategies, Says Novarica
- ITS Implements QA Best Practices for Rockford Mutual
- FireLight® by Insurance Technologies Features New Advanced User Experience Capabilities and Wizard Designer
- InsurTech Startup Betterview Launches New AI Driven Roof Report to Immediately Identify Roof Condition & Characteristics
- Larger Insurers Extending their Analytics Leads and Piloting Artificial Intelligence, says 3rd Annual Novarica New Normal 100 Benchmark
- 360Globalnet Augments Services and Implementation Capabilities
- TechCanary Incorporates in Canada as TechCanary Insurance Software of Canada ULC
- XL Catlin to Build World’s First On-Demand Cyber Insurance Solution with Slice ICS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views