CoreLogic to Acquire Symbility Solutions
Bill Sinn | November 05, 2018
Symbility Solutions Inc. (“Symbility” or the “Company”), (TSXV: SY), a global software company focused on modernizing the insurance industry, and CoreLogic, Inc. (NYSE: CLGX), a leading global property analytics solutions provider today announced the execution of an arrangement agreement (the “Agreement”) pursuant to which CoreLogic has agreed to acquire Symbility Solutions.
CoreLogic currently owns 28% of the Symbility shares (on a non-diluted basis). Under the terms of the Agreement, CoreLogic has agreed to acquire from each of the holders of Symbility’s outstanding common shares (the Shareholders”), the Symbility common shares not owned by CoreLogic or its affiliates, for C$0.615 in cash for each Symbility share. In addition, all holders of outstanding stock options of Symbility will be entitled to receive the “in-the-money” value of such stock options, less applicable withholdings (the “Optionholders” together with the Shareholders, the “Securityholders”) (the “Transaction”). This represents an aggregate value on a fully diluted basis of approximately C$159.5 million. This price represents a 20% premium to the 20-day volume weighted average trading price of Symbility’s common shares on the TSXV and a 26% premium to the closing price of Symbility’s common shares on the TSXV, as of October 19, 2018.
“CoreLogic has been a supportive minority shareholder and data provider for a number of years and the combination of Symbility’s leading claims platform and development capabilities with CoreLogic’s unmatched property data and analytics is a natural evolution that will benefit our customers, employees and shareholders,” stated James Swayze, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Symbility.
Symbility’s board of directors (the “Board”), after receiving the unanimous recommendation of a strategic committee of the board comprised solely of independent directors (the “Strategic Committee”), and in consultation with its financial and legal advisors, has unanimously determined that the Transaction is in the best interests of Symbility and fair to Securityholders and is unanimously recommending that Securityholders vote in favour of the Transaction. Raymond James Ltd. is acting as financial advisor to Symbility for purposes of this Transaction and has delivered a fairness opinion to the Strategic Committee and the Board, that the consideration to be received by Shareholders pursuant to the Transaction is fair, from a financial point of view, to Shareholders (other than CoreLogic and its affiliates) subject to certain assumptions, limitations, and qualifications. In addition, Paradigm Capital Inc. is acting as a financial adviser to the Strategic Committee and has delivered a fairness opinion to the Strategic Committee, stating that the consideration being provided pursuant to the Transaction is fair, from a financial point of view, to the Shareholders (other than CoreLogic and its affiliates), subject to certain assumptions, limitations, and qualifications. Additionally, Shareholders, including all of its directors and officers, and certain significant shareholders, which collectively control approximately 41% of the outstanding common shares and 63% of the outstanding options, have entered into voting support agreements pursuant to which, subject to the terms and conditions therein, they have committed to vote in favour of the Transaction.
The Transaction will be carried out by way of a statutory plan of arrangement under the laws of Alberta and will require the approval of not less than (i) 66⅔% of the votes cast by the Shareholders at a special meeting expected to take place in December 2018, (ii) 66⅔% of the votes cast by the Securityholders, voting together as a class, at the meeting, and (iii) a majority of the votes cast by the Shareholders other than CoreLogic and its affiliates and any other votes that are required to be excluded in determining such approval in accordance with applicable securities laws. Closing of the Transaction is also subject to certain other closing conditions, including court approval and certain third party consents. Further information regarding the Transaction will be included in the management proxy circular expected to be mailed to Shareholders and Optionholders in November. Copies of the Agreement, the management proxy circular and the voting support agreements will be available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. CoreLogic and Symbility anticipate that the Transaction will be completed in the fourth quarter of 2018.
The Agreement is subject to customary non-solicitation provisions, including Symbility’s right to consider and accept unsolicited superior proposals that may be submitted by third parties. In the event of a superior proposal, CoreLogic will have a five business day right to match the superior proposal. In the event that Symbility proceeds with the superior proposal, it must pay a termination fee of C$6.0 million to CoreLogic.
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Cloverleaf Analytics Announces Version 2.0 Release
- AmWINS selects ClarionDoor’s Digital Distribution Suite to Power Underwriting Platform
- Ask Kodiak Connects TrustedChoice.com Carrier Appetite to TechCanary Agency Management System
- Seth Bostock Joins Lucens Group as CTO with Vision to Simplify the Disability Insurance Experience
- Life Insurers Enhancing Claims Systems, Novarica Profiles Six Prominent Providers
- HazardHub Releases Frozen Pipe Score, Ice Dam Score and enhanced Weather Variables
- Big Gains & Big Bets in the Independent Insurance Channel
- Life/Annuity Insurers Taking Product and Distribution Strategy Cues from InsureTech, says Novarica
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
The Insurance Technology Association is pleased to announce that ITA Live 2019 is scheduled for May 5-7, 2019 at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and... READ MORE
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views