Cover-All, Majesco Announce Merger; Company Will be Branded as Majesco
Staff Writer | December 15, 2014
Majesco announces it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with Cover-All Technologies Inc. in a 100 percent stock-for-stock transaction, pursuant to which Cover-All’s stockholders and the holders of its options and restricted stock units, in the aggregate, will, upon the closing of the merger, receive 16.5 percent of the outstanding shares of common stock of the combined company, on a fully diluted basis. The combined entity will retain the “Majesco” brand globally.
The decision to merge the two businesses is the latest step in the execution of Majesco’s aggressive growth strategy to consolidate its global insurance business under a single and separate entity. Last week Majesco announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire the insurance business of Agile Technologies, LLC, bringing additional IT consulting, data strategy and implementation expertise to Majesco.
The combined company, Majesco, is expected to have:
- Over $100 million in estimated annual revenue with high growth potential
- Over 150 insurance customers in all tiers worldwide served by a global delivery team
- Innovative and proven core software suite serving all tiers in each operating market: the Americas, Europe, and Asia-Pacific
- Customer-centric collaborative culture focusing on customer value enhancements through innovative technologies and dedicated customer-oriented services
- Modern, mature, and integrated insurance core software solution suite covering all tiers and all lines of business of Property & Casualty including personal, commercial, specialty, and workers compensation business.
- Life Insurance, Annuity, and Group Benefits product offerings
- Consulting practice covering broad needs of insurers
- Comprehensive bureau content services offering with extensive knowledge of ISO and NCCI
- Business intelligence and data analytics solutions with customer-focused consulting and services practice
- Robust cloud solution for core insurance systems already deployed to over 30 customers
“At Majesco, we take a customer-centric approach to enabling technology transformation for our customers. We maintain a laser sharp focus on meeting the needs of just one industry—insurance—and are making investments that add capability and capacity to serve our customers in meeting their growth objectives. Cover-All Technologies is a well-known and respected insurance software company with in-depth knowledge of commercial ISO lines,” says Ketan Mehta, CEO and founder of Majesco, who will serve as president and CEO of the combined entity, Majesco.
“Both of the companies share the same vision—to serve and expand our customer base by leveraging our software, our collaborative cultures and our deep domain experience in insurance,” adds Mehta. “By combining the value of Cover-All Technologies’ offerings and Majesco’s market-leading software, consulting, and IT services, we believe the new Majesco is best positioned to not only help insurers begin their transformation journey but to stay with them through every stage of their journey and become a trusted long term partner."
Manish Shah, Cover-All’s president and CEO, said, "I am excited about this transformative opportunity as it creates a potentially market leading company that is well positioned to compete in the large and growing market for servicing software needs of the insurance industry. Majesco, with its recent reorganization of insurance businesses, is a rapidly growing insurance software and services company. Cover-All and Majesco have highly complementary core strengths, including a broad product portfolio, passionate people committed to world-class software and impactful customer services exclusively focused on insurance industry.”
Majesco is expected to be a highly attractive provider for insurers of all tiers globally, adds Shah, and will be poised to be a formidable player with its assets of deeply integrated core processing suite, disruptive business intelligence technologies and IT and consulting services that cover the entire spectrum of the insurance value chain.
“We are particularly excited because, as a larger company, we will have better resources including expanded scale to meet the needs of any insurer regardless of size or location, and improved financial strength to invest in innovative and new products,” says Shah. “We believe this merger will significantly enhance shareholder value by allowing Cover-All shareholders the ability to participate in the growth of the combined company. We also believe our customers and employees will greatly benefit from broad capabilities and increased opportunities in the combined company."
Mehta will become president and CEO of the combined company; Shah will assume the role of an executive vice president. Two Cover-All board members will be joining the Majesco board as vice chairman and a director, respectively.
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including the filing and effectiveness of a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Cover-All stockholder approval, certain regulatory approvals, and that the shares of Majesco common stock be listed on the NYSE MKT. The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter of 2015. Both companies will continue to operate as independent entities until then.
- ITA Pro Magazine May/June 2019
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Zywave Expands Commercial Content Offering in Flagship Product
- Insurance Technologies Partners with Fiduciary Exchange, LLC (FIDx) to Deliver Seamless Annuity Illustration and e-Application Capabilities in the Envestnet Insurance Exchange Platform
- Equisoft Acquires Grendel Recognized for its Premier Wealth Management CRM Platform
- Distribution Connectivity Options for Insurers Proliferating and Improving, Says Novarica
- Noblr, the New Car Insurance Company, Launches in Colorado
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. Named OEM of the Year at 2019 TU Auto Awards
- Leading Roadside and Transportation Networks Partner to Transform the Breakdown Experience for Consumers
- Insurers Leveraging Emerging Tech, Analytics, Third-Party Data in Loss Control, Says Novarica
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE