Customer Enhancements Included in Hyland’s Latest Software Release
Staff Writer | May 12, 2016
Hyland announces the annual release of its enterprise information platform, OnBase 16, which includes more than 3,000 customer-driven enhancements to help organizations better manage content, processes, and cases throughout the information lifecycle.
In this latest release, enhancements span across the entire OnBase platform, which combines the capabilities of enterprise content management (ECM), case management, business process management (BPM), and capture on a single platform deployed in the cloud or on premises. With one system to support, maintain and upgrade, organizations realize a low total cost of ownership and minimize IT sprawl.
“I’m delighted to introduce OnBase 16, our single enterprise information platform with unlimited potential for ushering organizations into today’s digital workplace,” says Bill Priemer, president and CEO of Hyland. “We have improved almost every area of OnBase, from user-experience enhancements to new configuration tools. We are confident that OnBase 16 is the best information management solution available today.”
Enhancements to the OnBase 16 platform include:
- A seamless interaction with ShareBase by Hyland – ShareBase is Hyland’s enterprise file sync and share (EFSS) product providing a secure, cloud-based platform to share content inside and outside the organization. When used in conjunction with OnBase, the sharing and collection of content from external parties becomes an automated part of business processes, reducing bottlenecks and unmanaged document versions.
- Evergreen Browser Support – Adds more support for multi-browser environments, supporting Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge browsers.
- New Capture Tools:
- Mobile Capture now offers image cleanup, including crop, de-skew, brightness and contrast adjustment. On import, documents can now be processed to leverage all OnBase advanced capture capabilities.
- Geolocation data is also captured from mobile devices, allowing documents to be geographically displayed on maps within Esri, GIS applications and OnBase reporting dashboards.
- Support for Microsoft Office and Outlook 2016 and Office Online Server – Allows Microsoft Office and Outlook users to interact with OnBase content, processes and cases utilizing the latest versions of Microsoft’s productivity applications.
OnBase 16 offers several enhancements to its best-in-class industry offerings, including:
- Government – A proven enterprise content management solution for each level of government, OnBase 16 helps meet today’s challenges of smaller budgets and staffs while laying the foundation for simplified, efficient and mobile government information technology. OnBase Agenda to Go allows council meeting packets to be reviewed offline on an iPad mobile device. With OnBase Video, constituents can view live and on-demand streaming of meeting content across a variety of devices.
- Insurance – OnBase 16 strengthens its integrations with best-of-breed solutions for claims, policy, billing and digital portals to create a competitive advantage through streamlined processes, reduced costs, increased internal controls, audit assistance and improved customer service. Enhanced document composition capabilities help insurers automatically generate more complex documents, while ShareBase helps insurers securely share those documents, including quotes, policy forms, claim information, commission statements and more.
- Financial Services – OnBase 16 helps financial services organizations use OnBase to instantly access information when and where they need it. By automating paper-based processes with powerful workflows, they increase service levels and proactively manage regulations. Enhanced e-signature integrations enable institutions to provide a higher level of service. ShareBase enables financial services organizations to securely share information with indirect lenders as well as customers and members.
Available in the cloud or on-premises, OnBase 16 empowers organization to become even more agile, efficient, and effective.
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- OneWorld Instech Launches OWIT Services Division
- The Institutes RiskBlock Alliance™ Announces EY as Blockchain Security and Risk Services Provider
- Encompass Helps Keep Customers Connected & Safe with Roost Home Safety Devices
- Slice Labs Strengthens Insurance Cloud Focus with Veteran Industry Executive Hire
- Mennonite Mutual Selects Finys for Core System Replacement
- Entertainment Risk Goes Live with ClarionDoor Issuance
- AAIS Collaborates With IBM To Transform Insurance Regulatory Reporting Using Blockchain
- K2 Insurance Services Implements One Inc for Digital Billing Capabilities
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views