Customer Enhancements Included in Hyland’s Latest Software Release
Staff Writer | May 12, 2016
Hyland announces the annual release of its enterprise information platform, OnBase 16, which includes more than 3,000 customer-driven enhancements to help organizations better manage content, processes, and cases throughout the information lifecycle.
In this latest release, enhancements span across the entire OnBase platform, which combines the capabilities of enterprise content management (ECM), case management, business process management (BPM), and capture on a single platform deployed in the cloud or on premises. With one system to support, maintain and upgrade, organizations realize a low total cost of ownership and minimize IT sprawl.
“I’m delighted to introduce OnBase 16, our single enterprise information platform with unlimited potential for ushering organizations into today’s digital workplace,” says Bill Priemer, president and CEO of Hyland. “We have improved almost every area of OnBase, from user-experience enhancements to new configuration tools. We are confident that OnBase 16 is the best information management solution available today.”
Enhancements to the OnBase 16 platform include:
- A seamless interaction with ShareBase by Hyland – ShareBase is Hyland’s enterprise file sync and share (EFSS) product providing a secure, cloud-based platform to share content inside and outside the organization. When used in conjunction with OnBase, the sharing and collection of content from external parties becomes an automated part of business processes, reducing bottlenecks and unmanaged document versions.
- Evergreen Browser Support – Adds more support for multi-browser environments, supporting Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge browsers.
- New Capture Tools:
- Mobile Capture now offers image cleanup, including crop, de-skew, brightness and contrast adjustment. On import, documents can now be processed to leverage all OnBase advanced capture capabilities.
- Geolocation data is also captured from mobile devices, allowing documents to be geographically displayed on maps within Esri, GIS applications and OnBase reporting dashboards.
- Support for Microsoft Office and Outlook 2016 and Office Online Server – Allows Microsoft Office and Outlook users to interact with OnBase content, processes and cases utilizing the latest versions of Microsoft’s productivity applications.
OnBase 16 offers several enhancements to its best-in-class industry offerings, including:
- Government – A proven enterprise content management solution for each level of government, OnBase 16 helps meet today’s challenges of smaller budgets and staffs while laying the foundation for simplified, efficient and mobile government information technology. OnBase Agenda to Go allows council meeting packets to be reviewed offline on an iPad mobile device. With OnBase Video, constituents can view live and on-demand streaming of meeting content across a variety of devices.
- Insurance – OnBase 16 strengthens its integrations with best-of-breed solutions for claims, policy, billing and digital portals to create a competitive advantage through streamlined processes, reduced costs, increased internal controls, audit assistance and improved customer service. Enhanced document composition capabilities help insurers automatically generate more complex documents, while ShareBase helps insurers securely share those documents, including quotes, policy forms, claim information, commission statements and more.
- Financial Services – OnBase 16 helps financial services organizations use OnBase to instantly access information when and where they need it. By automating paper-based processes with powerful workflows, they increase service levels and proactively manage regulations. Enhanced e-signature integrations enable institutions to provide a higher level of service. ShareBase enables financial services organizations to securely share information with indirect lenders as well as customers and members.
Available in the cloud or on-premises, OnBase 16 empowers organization to become even more agile, efficient, and effective.
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Optimum General Selects Guidewire InsurancePlatform for Core Operations
- Blue Cod Technologies Announces Corporate Name Change to Activer Solutions
- MVP Advisory Group Names Data & Analytics Partner
- Billing Core to Insurers' Service Strategies; Novarica Profiles 15 Vendor Solution Providers
- Million Women Mentors Recognizes MEMIC’s Advocacy
- Guidewire Software Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2019 Financial Results
- Patra Corp Expands Successful Initial Phase of Patra Academy, Partners with Military Spouse Employment Program
- Ecclesiastical Insurance Group Selects Sapiens’ Property and Casualty Insurance Suite as its New Core Platform
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE