Dell Services Launches Business Processing Platform for P&C Carriers with CodeObjects
Staff Writer | June 17, 2016
Dell Services announces a new Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) offering for property and casualty insurers to help carriers reduce time to market, lower processing costs, and elevate service to agents and employees with a pay-as-you-go model.
Dell Services is an established BPaaS provider in the life and annuities sector and the partnership with CodeObjects introduces a similar capability for the P&C industry. CodeObjects’ InsuranceEnterprise is a complete hosted software and services solution.
Together, the comprehensive offering leverages Dell Services’ secure, private, cloud-based platform, P&C expertise and proven service capabilities with CodeObjects’ technologies. It encompasses all policy writing, claims, and billing functions, surrounded by cyber protection services and transformation support, so carriers can improve customer service, control costs, increase productivity, and focus resources on higher-value business activities.
Many P&C insurance carriers’ legacy system infrastructures lack the flexibility and agility to adapt to changing market conditions. They also lack the ability to automate repetitive underwriting tasks, enable self-service for customers and agents, and utilize business intelligence to improve metrics, workflows and fraud detection.
Moreover, the percentage of direct written premium spent on IT continues to increase while its benefit to carriers decreases. Carriers also need to modernize—in a cost-effective manner—technology, procedures and practices to gain more robust capabilities.
"The insurance market is under pressure from consumers who demand a more personalized experience and anytime access from any device, but legacy technology cannot deliver on these expectations," says Sameer Kishore, vice president, banking, financial services, securities and insurance for Dell Services. "The Dell Services and CodeObjects BPaaS offering helps carriers realize enhanced flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the industry and provides superior support and enhancements that ultimately benefits customers."
"We are very excited to partner with Dell Services to launch this business processing platform for the Property and Casualty insurance industry," says Anil Annadata, CEO, CodeObjects. "Our solutions help insurers write better policies that reduce risks and drive profit. The combination of Dell Services and CodeObjects brings best-in-class technology and expertise to insurance carriers."
With Dell Services BPaaS for P&C, carriers are able to:
- Reduce time-to-market and accelerate expansion with competitive products and services
- Provide real-time support to agents and boost responsiveness with direct access to policy data, claims status and billing
- Enhance underwriting models and risk assessment with proactive management of real-time business intelligence within the underwriting and claims portfolio
- Decrease operating ratios by reducing overall business processing costs and maintaining them at predictable levels
- Achieve efficient workflows with easy-to-define business rules
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- New Research Points to Economic Challenges Impacting the North American Towing Industry
- Klinger Elected AIMS Society President
- FHM Insurance Company Goes Live with Insurity’s Cloud-based ‘Workers’ CompXPress’ Policy Administration System
- Messagepoint Named a Customer Communications Management Leader in the Aspire Leaderboard for Second Year in a Row
- EIS DXP Hits Milestone with 1,100 Open APIs Now Available to Insurers
- Policy Administration Systems Replacement Still Top of Mind for Property/Casualty Insurers; Novarica Profiles Over 40 Vendors in 12th Annual Report
- MEMIC’s Financial Strength Affirms "A" (Excellent) Rating From A.M. Best
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE