Dell Services Launches Business Processing Platform for P&C Carriers with CodeObjects
Staff Writer | June 17, 2016
Dell Services announces a new Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) offering for property and casualty insurers to help carriers reduce time to market, lower processing costs, and elevate service to agents and employees with a pay-as-you-go model.
Dell Services is an established BPaaS provider in the life and annuities sector and the partnership with CodeObjects introduces a similar capability for the P&C industry. CodeObjects’ InsuranceEnterprise is a complete hosted software and services solution.
Together, the comprehensive offering leverages Dell Services’ secure, private, cloud-based platform, P&C expertise and proven service capabilities with CodeObjects’ technologies. It encompasses all policy writing, claims, and billing functions, surrounded by cyber protection services and transformation support, so carriers can improve customer service, control costs, increase productivity, and focus resources on higher-value business activities.
Many P&C insurance carriers’ legacy system infrastructures lack the flexibility and agility to adapt to changing market conditions. They also lack the ability to automate repetitive underwriting tasks, enable self-service for customers and agents, and utilize business intelligence to improve metrics, workflows and fraud detection.
Moreover, the percentage of direct written premium spent on IT continues to increase while its benefit to carriers decreases. Carriers also need to modernize—in a cost-effective manner—technology, procedures and practices to gain more robust capabilities.
"The insurance market is under pressure from consumers who demand a more personalized experience and anytime access from any device, but legacy technology cannot deliver on these expectations," says Sameer Kishore, vice president, banking, financial services, securities and insurance for Dell Services. "The Dell Services and CodeObjects BPaaS offering helps carriers realize enhanced flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the industry and provides superior support and enhancements that ultimately benefits customers."
"We are very excited to partner with Dell Services to launch this business processing platform for the Property and Casualty insurance industry," says Anil Annadata, CEO, CodeObjects. "Our solutions help insurers write better policies that reduce risks and drive profit. The combination of Dell Services and CodeObjects brings best-in-class technology and expertise to insurance carriers."
With Dell Services BPaaS for P&C, carriers are able to:
- Reduce time-to-market and accelerate expansion with competitive products and services
- Provide real-time support to agents and boost responsiveness with direct access to policy data, claims status and billing
- Enhance underwriting models and risk assessment with proactive management of real-time business intelligence within the underwriting and claims portfolio
- Decrease operating ratios by reducing overall business processing costs and maintaining them at predictable levels
- Achieve efficient workflows with easy-to-define business rules
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Tower Selects EIS Group’s Insurance Platform to Drive Transformation
- NTUC Income Selects Majesco Distribution Management and Majesco Digital Solutions to Advance its Distribution Management Operation
- Emerson Reid Modernizes Its Business Processes With VUE Software
- Octo Telematics Powers CAA MyPace™ Pay-As-You-Go Program
- Announcing the Solartis Insure Microservice Hackathon
- DataCubes Completes Plug and Play Tech Accelerator Program
- Medical Mutual of Ohio Implements One Inc Digital Payments
- SUNZ Insurance in Production with Sapiens’ Workers’ Compensation CompSuite® Policy System
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views