Delphi Introduces New Policy Administration System
Staff Writer | June 25, 2015
Delphi Technology announces the availability of Delphi Policy, an end-to-end policy administration system designed to manage the entire policy lifecycle for property and casualty insurance and built on the new Delphi Velocity technology platform.
Delphi Policy supports the core functions of the policy lifecycle including product definition, underwriting, quoting, binding, endorsements, and renewals. Delphi Policy is pre-configured with extensive product content, functions, and features, delivering a solution that increases underwriting productivity, supports holistic policy sales and channel management, and makes it easier for P&C insurers to leverage ISO Electronic Rating Content (ERC) to streamline, automate, and accelerate product development to maintain their competitive edge.
“With Delphi Policy we have extended the core system functionality of our new policy administration system to give insurers the ability to radically improve product development speed and enhance product capability to pursue new opportunities and accommodate market demands.” says John J. Flavin, senior vice president and chief business development officer for Delphi Technology. “Delphi Policy is a unique software solution that enables insurers to leverage bureau content such as ISO loss costs, rules, and forms to minimize risk, avoid premium inaccuracies, and get products to market faster than their competition.”
Delphi Policy includes:
- Delphi ERC Accelerator: Enables product managers to harness the rich and robust content from ISO’s Electronic Rating Content (ERC).
- Customer-centric Data Model: The client data model offers a global view of the customer across all quotes and policies, including billing profiles, and provides aggregated visibility into total liability and property exposures.
- Powerful Rules Engine: A robust rules engine is at the core of all aspects of business logic from quoting, underwriting to transaction processing, to task and workload management.
- Robust Automated Underwriting: A robust rules engine supports automated underwriting of high-volume, homogeneous risks.
- Product Authority Management: Product Authority setup covers variable product agreements, commission plans, and premium adjustments at the coverage or policy level.
- Policy Maintenance Features: Policy Maintenance features include bulk policy changes, book rolls or large-scale acquisitions of a book of business, and producer to producer transfers.
- Collaborative Underwriting: Electronic workbench supports collaborative processing across agents and underwriters with underwriting referrals, diaries, and tasks.
- Responsive Product Development Model: Product definition is detached from the technology with database agnostic deployment.
- Intelligent User Experience: Role-based, context-sensitive content throughout the policy lifecycle. Security profiles direct user communities to specific functions or lines of business.
- Flexible Pricing Tool Set: Contains virtual endorsement transactions and pricing tools to facilitate buy-ups and provide what-if scenarios without hindering the actual policy.
- Built-in Audit Trails: Policy change history to simplify audits and security.
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- 91% of Insurers Have DevOps Initiatives Underway or Planned, Says Novarica
- Sapiens DECISION Expands Insurance Technology Offering
- EIS Group’s Digital Insurance Platform Deployed for Guardian’s Direct to Consumer Business
- Harford Mutual Insurance Company Selects Sapiens’ North American P&C Insurance Platform
- Insurers Starting to Shift IT Spending to Digital and Data from Core, Says 11th Annual Novarica Report
- Paladin Cyber Launches Comprehensive Cyber-Risk Program for Small and Mid-Sized U.S. Businesses
- Catholic Life Insurance in Production with Sapiens’ E-Application Solution LifeApply for Life and Annuities
- Kaboodle Announces New Partner Alliance with SPLICE Software
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
The Insurance Technology Association is pleased to announce that ITA Live 2019 is scheduled for May 5-7, 2019 at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and... READ MORE
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views