Duck Creek Begins Next Chapter with Acquisition of Agencyport
Staff Writer | August 02, 2016
Duck Creek Technologies announces it has purchased Agencyport, its first acquisition since becoming an independent company. Newly formed with the close of the joint venture between Apax Partners, a private equity firm, and Accenture on August 1, Duck Creek plans to accelerate the design and development of P&C insurance technologies to better serve customers and the market.
Complementing Duck Creek’s current suite of core offerings, Agencyport solutions focus on providing intuitive, digital experiences between P&C carriers and their agents, brokers, consumers and policyholders—anytime, anywhere and from any device. Its flagship products include AgencyPortal, Turnstile, and BookSmart.
For carriers using third-party or homegrown back-end systems, Agencyport products will be available as independent solutions, providing the ability to front-end any billing, claims or policy system. Those insurers using both Duck Creek and Agencyport products will benefit from an integrated, comprehensive digital platform with an option to access the solution via Duck Creek On-Demand, a Software as a Service model.
“There has never been a more important time for insurance companies to embrace new technologies that will secure their future competitiveness, says Michael A. Jackowski, CEO of Duck Creek Technologies. “Working with Accenture and Apax, we look forward to continued development and added investments that will deliver true innovation for our customers and the insurance industry. Together, Duck Creek and Agencyport will combine our expertise to design and deliver the digital solutions that meet the expectations and needs of our customers now and well into the future.”
Now the newest member of the Duck Creek management team, Curt Stevenson, formerly Agencyport’s chief executive officer, sees this as a win-win for both Duck Creek and Agencyport customers.
“Today’s insurance carrier increasingly requires a nimble solution set that can keep pace on a multitude of fast-evolving fronts that include customer expectations, technology shifts, and business models and demands,” says Stevenson. “Our independent software portal with its user experience, and Duck Creeks’ best-of-breed software suite and the open digital architecture it sits on, is a powerful opportunity for carriers. No other company has the kind of carrier and agent knowledge or digital know-how it takes to guide insurers through the complexities ahead.”
Funds advised by Apax Partners hold approximately a 60 percent stake in Duck Creek Technologies and Accenture retains approximately 40 percent. Funds advised by Apax will provide Duck Creek with capital to accelerate the development and expansion of P&C technologies and Accenture will collaborate on solutions involving the Internet of Things, Big Data analytics and other emerging technologies. Accenture will remain a delivery partner for Duck Creek Technologies.
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Optimum General Selects Guidewire InsurancePlatform for Core Operations
- Blue Cod Technologies Announces Corporate Name Change to Activer Solutions
- MVP Advisory Group Names Data & Analytics Partner
- Billing Core to Insurers' Service Strategies; Novarica Profiles 15 Vendor Solution Providers
- Million Women Mentors Recognizes MEMIC’s Advocacy
- Guidewire Software Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2019 Financial Results
- Patra Corp Expands Successful Initial Phase of Patra Academy, Partners with Military Spouse Employment Program
- Ecclesiastical Insurance Group Selects Sapiens’ Property and Casualty Insurance Suite as its New Core Platform
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE