Duck Creek Enhances Digital, Data Capabilities with 2016 Suite Release
Staff Writer | June 20, 2016
With an emphasis on enhancing the customer experience throughout the insurance lifecycle, Duck Creek Technologies releases its new version of Duck Creek Suite, delivering enhanced digital and data capabilities to support insurers in the P&C marketplace. The new software suite incorporates the latest technology that enables insurers to meet today’s market and business demand and prepare for tomorrow’s opportunities.
Currently supporting 120 insurers worldwide, Duck Creek 2016 expands functions of the core platform and focuses on improving agility, increasing efficiencies, and expanding international capabilities. Several enhancements that span the entire suite include:
- All-Access Customer Data through Customer 360 offers both summary and detailed information of a customer’s involvement with the insurer that includes data acquired from Duck Creek’s suite of software and other third-party systems. This data can be quickly obtained from a single point of access, which can expedite operations, improve responsiveness to customer inquiries, and provide more personalized service.
- Digital technology enabled by Duck Creek Anywhere expands the use of this RESTful style API to allow insurers to extend Duck Creek functions to mobile devices, portals and third-party solutions, which streamlines operations and makes it easier for insurers to connect with customers anywhere and any way.
- Multi-geography capability extended with additional flexibility for multi-currency and multi-lingual correspondence, expanding international support that provides value to insurers serving customers around the globe.
“Being able to support the digital and data needs of insurers and their customers is critical during this time of system transformation throughout the industry,” says Patti Griffin, chief product officer, Duck Creek Technologies. “Our efforts remain focused on delivering the functionality that makes it easier for insurers to connect, engage, and transact business with customers through any channel or device and utilize data to attain critical insights, improve business management, and advance their success.”
Enhancements to the suite bring benefits to both new and existing customers:
- Duck Creek Billing continues to expand back-office efficiency with additional automation for evaluation and processing activities related to pending cancellations, late charges, and payment reversal. Also, new billing installment options offer more ways for insurers to enhance customer service, and added clarity to financial reporting is provided for transactions through transparent billing traceability.
- Duck Creek Claims offers insurers more ways to improve engagement, operations and efficiencies. Two new mobile applications are introduced: First Notice of Loss app adds new loss reporting options to agents, customers and other intermediaries, and the Field Adjuster app brings desktop capabilities to the inspection site. Enhanced functionality streamlines large loss processing, optimizes complex authority, simplifies negotiation processing, and exposes file note creation throughout the claim file.
- Duck Creek Policy streamlines communication with agents, delivers operational insights and increases efficiencies. New functionality simplifies the interaction with agents by enabling the upload and download of policy and quote data from an agency management system. The communication happens without manual intervention, which expedites handling, reduces errors, and enhances customer service. Additional enhancements support configurable clearance rules and provide enhanced “what-if” product modeling and forms enrichment.
Duck Creek Suiteincludes billing, claims, policy and rating software that is designed to work independently or as a combined approach to manage all aspects of the P&C insurance lifecycle. The software can be deployed through an on-premise implementation or via Duck Creek On-Demand, a Software as a Service model.
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- 2019 Global Insurance Accelerator Cohort Reflects Evolution of InsurTech
- Nearly 50% of US Insurers Are Enhancing Security Capabilities Across the Board, Says Novarica
- Xchange Benefits Acquires the Assets of J. Allan Hall & Associates, Inc.
- HazardHub Celebrates 2018
- Slice Launch Studio
- Crawford Technologies Experiences its Strongest Year of Sales and Growth
- InsureTech Company Accurence Secures Fourth Patent
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE