Duck Creek Technologies Reports Accelerated Growth of SaaS-Delivered Enterprise Software Solutions in First Two Quarters of Fiscal Year 2019
Bill Sinn | March 12, 2019
Duck Creek Technologies, a provider of SaaS-delivered enterprise software to the property & casualty insurance industry, today reported that bookings related to its SaaS solutions exceeded projections for the first two quarters of the company’s fiscal year 2019, with nine customers taking delivery of their Duck Creek applications via Duck Creek OnDemand, the provider’s SaaS solution for the P&C insurance industry. Six of the nine contracts were for core systems, and the remaining three involved the addition of new digital engagement and business intelligence capabilities. The company’s second quarter ended on February 28th.
“In the first two quarters of our fiscal year, we’ve seen tremendous confidence in SaaS in the marketplace,” said Eugene Van Biert, Duck Creek’s Chief Revenue Officer. “Every year, we see significant growth above and beyond the year before, and with the number of insurers opting for SaaS delivery at this point, I think it is safe to say that carriers now realize that SaaS is the future of P&C insurance.”
The Duck Creek Platform provides carriers with openness, configurability, and common functionality across applications in core areas of their businesses, such as policy administration, predictive modeling, billing, claims, analytics, industry content, and distribution management – all key to their digital transformations. Duck Creek’s SaaS solutions have been widely adopted by insurers of around the world.
Customers taking advantage of Duck Creek OnDemand in fiscal year 2019 ranged from regional carriers to Tier-1 insurers – including one of the top five carriers in the world – proving that SaaS core systems offer value to insurers of all sizes. The company plans to make individual announcements about these initiatives in the coming weeks. These implementations covered a spectrum from true greenfield initiatives to digital transformation efforts by long-established incumbents. Further, a growing number of Duck Creek’s customers have been able to go from concept to go-live production in a year or less, a testament to the provider’s easily-configurable low-code solutions and implementation accelerators as well as the quantity and maturity of the company’s delivery partners – systems integrators with broad and deep experience implementing Duck Creek solutions that have full capability to deliver the caliber of work that customers expect from Duck Creek’s own professional services team.
In addition to growing its rapidly-expanding SaaS customer list, Duck Creek introduced a number of key Duck Creek OnDemand capabilities and partnerships in the first two quarters of fiscal year 2019, including:
- Duck Creek Distribution Management, which lets insurers automate historically onerous tasks like ensuring licensure compliance, compensation management, and producer onboarding
- Duck Creek for Salesforce, an app that extends the Duck Creek Platform’s capabilities into Salesforce Financial Services Cloud to provide an empowered user experience for CSRs, agents, and other Salesforce insurance CRM users
- New solution partners, including FRISS and Web Connectivity Limited, that deliver integrated SaaS functionality to enhance insurers’ capabilities
- New Anywhere Managed Integrations, which provide fully-managed out-of-the-box, pre-built connections to popular third-party data and service solutions such as geolocation, MVR lookups, data pre-fill, e-signature, analytics, and more
- The company plans to introduce significant new additions and enhancements across the Duck Creek Suite at its flagship annual event, Formation, which will be held this year from March 31st to April 2nd in Miami, FL.
Duck Creek’s Chief Product and Technology Officer, Andy Dey, said, “We are thrilled to see so many insurers realize the true value of SaaS and entrust Duck Creek to give them the reliability, security, and support they need. It is clear that our strategy to lead the insurance industry to the cloud was the right choice for Duck Creek and our customers. With Duck Creek OnDemand, these carriers will be able to capitalize on optimal benefits for managing their businesses, reducing risk and costs, and responding quickly to changes in the marketplace.”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Medical Malpractice Insurers Investing in Analytics and Emerging Tech in Face of Market Pressures, Says Novarica
- Insurtech AI Leader Betterview Appoints Dan Shoham, PhD, as Chief Science Officer
- Vermont Mutual Insurance Group Selects One Inc for Digital Payments
- Insurers Embracing Machine Vision for Underwriting and Claims, Says Novarica
- Nationwide partners with Slice Labs to develop on-demand auto insurance for rideshare drivers
- AM Best Requests Comments on Draft Criteria: Scoring and Assessing Innovation
- Majesco Acquires Insurance Software Business in India
- MEMIC Scholarship for Families of Injured Workers Now Accepting Applications
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
There are so many great advances in the area of smart homes and buildings, it makes me wonder what the actual impact has been, or what I might have... READ MORE
This month, the ITA celebrates Insurance Careers Month and encourages carriers, brokers, agents and our industry associations to plan their own... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE