EIS Group Enhances Underwriting Solution for Benefits Insurers
Staff Writer | September 13, 2016
EIS Group announces significant enhancements to the underwriting capabilities available in its latest version of EIS PolicyCore, the company’s policy administration solution. The new features in PolicyCore enable benefits insurers to take advantage of growth opportunities in the small case voluntary insurance market with the advent of healthcare reform and the rise of benefits exchanges.
"Small employers are a key component in driving economic growth, but their needs and abilities for delivering employee benefits are vastly different than the corresponding capabilities for large employers,” says Rob McIsaac, senior vice president, research and consulting, for Novarica. “To effectively and profitably serve this small case market, carriers may need to find better ways to support the underwriting process. The legacy tools and processes which have done the job for large group contracts may not be up to the task of handling the functions needed for this emerging and highly competitive segment.”
A significant market opportunity exists among U.S. employers with under 500 employees, which totals 42 million employees. Benefits insurance research advisory firm Eastbridge reports that these employers are increasing their voluntary product offerings and that 84 percent of small case brokers expect voluntary revenue to increase as a percentage of their total business. The new release of EIS PolicyCore is designed to address this opportunity by streamlining underwriting processes for employers, brokers and insurers.
Key enhancements to PolicyCore that enable an efficient new business process from quote to issue for voluntary insurance include:
- Flexible Plan Creation – EIS’ spreadsheet-paradigm rules engine is leveraged to provide underwriters with a user-friendly environment to streamline product development by configuring an unlimited number of product, plan, coverage, and package eligibility options and parameters using spreadsheets. Included is a new Microsoft Excel add-in that enables business users to import plan data, make changes, and save it back into PolicyCore.
- Field-based Quoting – New and enhanced underwriting rules and authorities allow the underwriting organization to distribute workload within their new business departments and to the field. Field-based quoting allows underwriting to take place where the risks are most understood while automating referral of complex cases to specialized underwriters. The result is better quality underwriting, better utilization of resources and reduced new business cycle times.
- Automated Census Import – A new automated census import utility eliminates the laborious and error-prone entry of risk-based data into systems while also delivering an easy-to-do-business-with experience for producers and customers. The import utility allows the underwriter to map to the layout of the customer-supplied file, perform field level validation and automatically integrate with the EIS rating engine, thereby saving valuable time for both underwriters and customers’ HR departments while reducing errors.
- Rate Reporting and Tracking – Rating reports provide underwriters with insight on pricing formulae to help understand and explain how rates change based on plan changes, thereby improving broker satisfaction. Additionally, rate tracking reports are available to track and measure manual rate through to installed rate to help carriers manage profitability.
“By introducing these advanced underwriting capabilities, EIS Group has again addressed a gap in insurance technology that could be an impediment to growth,” says Tony Grosso, vice president of product and industry marketing at EIS Group. “Our customers have been quick to leverage our latest software release to overcome legacy system constraints to small case market expansion. Strengthened underwriting capabilities are the latest step in the evolution of our core insurance platform for benefits insurers, and follow the introduction of full claims management and flexible billing management into the platform over the last twelve months.”
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- New Research Points to Economic Challenges Impacting the North American Towing Industry
- Klinger Elected AIMS Society President
- FHM Insurance Company Goes Live with Insurity’s Cloud-based ‘Workers’ CompXPress’ Policy Administration System
- Messagepoint Named a Customer Communications Management Leader in the Aspire Leaderboard for Second Year in a Row
- EIS DXP Hits Milestone with 1,100 Open APIs Now Available to Insurers
- Policy Administration Systems Replacement Still Top of Mind for Property/Casualty Insurers; Novarica Profiles Over 40 Vendors in 12th Annual Report
- MEMIC’s Financial Strength Affirms "A" (Excellent) Rating From A.M. Best
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE