EIS to Use Microsoft Bot Framework to Deliver AI Services
Staff Writer | May 10, 2017
EIS Group announces the EIS Digital Experience Platform (DXP) has integrated with and is using Microsoft Bot Framework to deliver intelligent assistant and other artificial intelligence (AI) services to insurers that augment the skills of customer service agents and enhance direct to consumer interactions to improve the quality, speed and cost-effectiveness of customer engagement.
DXP enables the packaging of insurance products and services for digital distribution to customers and partners as high-quality, role-based omnichannel experiences. DXP connects with data and core services as a key component of a comprehensive platform for digital transformation. The adoption of Bot Framework makes it easy for DXP users to incorporate AI services into personalized marketing, selling and servicing interactions powered by DXP.
The integration of DXP and Bot Framework allows EIS clients to build and connect their own bots to customer communication channels and add cognitive skills that enable bots to see, hear, interpret and interact with users naturally wherever they are.
Users of DXP will use the Microsoft Bot Framework to:
- Add chatbots to insurer mobile and web applications;
- Use chatbots to assist sales and marketing interactions and turn existing chat services – SMS/text, Skype chat, Facebook messaging, Webchat, etc. – into customer service channels;
- Create smart bots that understand customer requests and intent and recognize entities such as policies and claims;
- Use Microsoft Cognitive Services to recognize photos of autos and other objects, identify customers by voice and understand sentiment, and access customer and industry data; and
- Capture customer interaction data and use it to infer the next best action.
“Microsoft Bot Framework helps us meet clients’ needs to deepen customer engagement with the experience they demand,” says Fazi Zand, senior vice president of products at EIS Group. “It allows our clients to augment the skills and knowledge of staff while driving more efficient, automated workflows and accelerating the pace of their digital transformations.”
“Significant value is being created as insurers start using intelligent chat bots to transform providing 24/7 services to customers and agents,” says Tony Jacob, managing director, worldwide insurance at Microsoft. “We are pleased that EIS has integrated the Microsoft Bot Framework into its insurance digital experience platform to demonstrate the framework’s unique value to insurers and to help EIS clients expand and optimize their engagement channels.”
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- New Research Points to Economic Challenges Impacting the North American Towing Industry
- Klinger Elected AIMS Society President
- FHM Insurance Company Goes Live with Insurity’s Cloud-based ‘Workers’ CompXPress’ Policy Administration System
- Messagepoint Named a Customer Communications Management Leader in the Aspire Leaderboard for Second Year in a Row
- EIS DXP Hits Milestone with 1,100 Open APIs Now Available to Insurers
- Policy Administration Systems Replacement Still Top of Mind for Property/Casualty Insurers; Novarica Profiles Over 40 Vendors in 12th Annual Report
- MEMIC’s Financial Strength Affirms "A" (Excellent) Rating From A.M. Best
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE