EquiSoft Acquires Universal Conversion Technologies
Staff Writer | January 12, 2016
EquiSoft announces it has acquired Dallas-based Universal Conversion Technologies (UCT). As a result of the acquisition, EquiSoft now offers one of the largest specialized life and annuity services team in North America.
Since 1994, EquiSoft has offered core integration services for life, annuity, and health insurers and wealth management companies. EquiSoft is also a Specialized System Integrator for Oracle Insurance Policy Administration. Furthermore, EquiSoft develops and markets InsuranceElements and WealthElements, two front-end applications designed to help insurers differentiate their products through industry-leading illustration and financial needs analysis tools.
Since its inception in 1992, UCT has specialized in data migrations for life and annuity products. Since then, the company has successfully delivered hundreds of migration and consolidation projects employing a unique approach that combines highly skilled industry staff, a proven methodology and unique technology tools.
UCT's data migration technology almost entirely eliminates the risks associated with data migrations and automatically generates the audit reporting needed before moving into production. UCT's Data Conversion Architect is a comprehensive package of software and tools required to complete the data integration projects, from project planning, data analysis, data scrubbing and cleanup, mapping, data file conversion, to balancing and reconciliation. The system has been used to successfully migrate over 200 systems from over 50 different commercial and home grown systems for over 80 insurance companies.
Over the years, UCT has optimized Data Conversion Architect to manage complex insurance products in difficult environments. UCT's Data Conversion Architect is also licensed to insurers to migrate or consolidate core systems, or to vendors for transformation projects.
While UCT will continue its focus on legacy system consolidation and core system transformation projects, their clients will now also benefit from EquiSoft's integration skill sets. EquiSoft's global offering will also provide stability and new markets to UCT. Also, EquiSoft's expertise in wealth management solutions will open opportunities to use UCT expertise and technology in the banking and wealth management sectors.
"With the acquisition of UCT, EquiSoft will benefit from the expertise, methodology and technology of the only insurance-specialized data migration integrator in North America. Since the two organizations have already partnered on several conversion projects we know the teams share the same philosophy that the right project team composed of industry experts can reduce risks and costs and accelerate time to market," says Luis Romero, president and CEO of EquiSoft.
"With the working relationship we've developed with EquiSoft over the years, we think EquiSoft is the ideal partner for this transaction," says Dan O'Hara, founder and CEO of UCT. "We think EquiSoft is a high performance integrator dedicated to customer satisfaction and the best consultants in the insurance space. We remain committed to working seamlessly with the major vendors in this market and look forward to offering our partners and customers the strength of our combined teams. We're delighted to be part of EquiSoft going forward."
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Crawford Technologies Announces Release of ePresentment Gateway for Box
- New Study of More than 100 Insurers Finds Success Among Early Adopters of Emerging Tech, Says Novarica
- Anshuman Purohit Assumes Senior Technology Leadership Role at CastleBay Companies
- AVYST Welcomes Kitty Ambers as Chief Growth Officer
- Agero Strengthens Executive Team with Bill Gerraughty as Chief Financial Officer
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- 2019 Global Insurance Accelerator Cohort Reflects Evolution of InsurTech
- Nearly 50% of US Insurers Are Enhancing Security Capabilities Across the Board, Says Novarica
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE