Financial Independence Group Leverages FireLight as Strategic Approach to DOL Compliance
Staff Writer | November 30, 2016
Insurance Technologies announces that Financial Independence Group, Inc. (FIG), a financial and insurance marketing organization, will be using the FireLight e-applications solution as their strategic solution for Department of Labor (DOL) Fiduciary rule compliance. Their selection of FireLight culminated from the platform’s capabilities and flexibility to serve financial institutions in an efficient, compliant capacity while meeting specific FI designed requirements.
“We believe that technology is essential to comply with the DOL Fiduciary rule. We believe in applying the best of class technology to our business and have found the FireLight platform by Insurance Technologies exceeds that standard,” says Brian Williams, chief operating officer, FIG Marketing. “It’s essential that our industry modernize operations leveraging technology, otherwise we face the threat of irrelevance.”
As an existing FireLight client with fixed and fixed indexed annuities on the platform, FIG will implement several FireLight DOL sales components into its existing e-application workflow for a streamlined and familiar sales process for their agents. FIG will be providing their agents a compliant sales process that allows them to quickly capture client needs, execute DOL disclosure and signature requirements, and submit a complete documented package for FI review, approval and submission.
Meeting DOL disclosure requirements can be an onerous task for a firm of FIG’s size. By leveraging the FireLight real-time fees and expense repository feature, FIG will create a dynamic disclosure process for their agents within FireLight to meet vital DOL transaction disclosure requirements. FireLight provides FIG the flexibility to define their specific best interest advice model and ensures it is followed in a compliant capacity. With robust FireLight admin system access, FIG will be able to define the questions, rules, and workflow for their firm to create a compliant, repeatable and recorded sales process.
“FIG has been forward-thinking in defining and establishing their approach to managing the DOL Fiduciary rule requirements,” says Katherine Dease, vice president of product management, Insurance Technologies. “FIG has been a leader in the IMO space particularly when it comes to their products, service and technology. We are very pleased to be a part of their best in class technology solution."
FIG has developed strategic relationships with over 40 insurance carriers to offer its agents and clients a diverse product portfolio of annuity, life and long term care products. To support its agents and members in offering commission-based insurance and financial products as part of their product portfolio, including fixed indexed annuities, under the Department’s Best Interest Contract Exemption, or BICE, earlier this year FIG filed for exemption to be classified as a financial institution status with the DOL.
By implementing FireLight as their DOL compliance support solution, FIG will continue to provide strong strategies, tools, resources and support to their agents, and partner independent and general insurance agents and brokers as they comply with the upcoming DOL Fiduciary rule and meet client needs.
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Visioning, Setting Scope, and Execution Planning Critical for Successful Digital Strategies, Says Novarica
- ITS Implements QA Best Practices for Rockford Mutual
- FireLight® by Insurance Technologies Features New Advanced User Experience Capabilities and Wizard Designer
- InsurTech Startup Betterview Launches New AI Driven Roof Report to Immediately Identify Roof Condition & Characteristics
- Larger Insurers Extending their Analytics Leads and Piloting Artificial Intelligence, says 3rd Annual Novarica New Normal 100 Benchmark
- 360Globalnet Augments Services and Implementation Capabilities
- TechCanary Incorporates in Canada as TechCanary Insurance Software of Canada ULC
- XL Catlin to Build World’s First On-Demand Cyber Insurance Solution with Slice ICS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views