FirstBest Enhances Underwriting Analytics, Integration with New Release
Staff Writer | June 19, 2015
FirstBest Systems announces the release of FirstBest Suite 7.0 for property & casualty insurance. The FirstBest product suite is comprised of underwriting technology with enhanced data analytics, workflow capabilities, and collaboration tools.
Powered by customer feedback, release 7.0 of the FirstBest Suite delivers new and improved features and functionality, enabling insurers to better collaborate with producers, improve efficiency, and more accurately price risks.
With FirstBest Suite, insurers can overcome inefficient manual processes, make faster and better decisions, and avoid blind spots while evaluating risk exposures. The FirstBest product suite includes the following flexible and robust applications:
- FirstBest UMS – Underwriting Workstation
- FirstBest Agent – Agent Portal
- FirstBest AppReader – ACORD form processing and upload
- FirstBest UMS Mobile – Mobile underwriting application for iPad® users
- FirstBest Business Analyst Studio – Configuration toolkit
- FirstBest Insight – Integrated underwriting analytics engine
FirstBest Suite 7.0 enhances the capabilities that transform the way property & casualty insurers underwrite business.
- FirstBest Insight - The newest addition to the FirstBest product suite, FirstBest Insight, allows carriers to evaluate line-of-business performance, underwriter or producer workloads in real time. Developed in partnership with Yodil, FirstBest Insight combines analytics capabilities with valuable data collected from within the underwriting process. Unique to FirstBest Insight analytics is the ability to compare key pricing-related metrics of a current risk to similar risks in the book of business. The solution also facilitates deep awareness about underwriting transactions, workflows, and dependencies.
- Outlook Integration - FirstBest Suite 7.0 features new tools to address specific customer needs around real-time workflow collaboration with distributors. Integrating FirstBest UMS with Microsoft Outlook, the FirstBest UMS Email Upload Add-In allows underwriting users to import email messages and attachments directly from their Outlook inbox into the Underwriting Workstation. Once uploaded, the email is stored within each submission in the new Email Collaboration Tool for easy reference. From the submission’s email drawer, users can view all sent and received email for the submission, and they can create and send new email messages directly from UMS. With this new tool, carrier users can customize system-generated email before sending them.
- Line of Business Configuration - With the introduction of the Product Template Manager in the BA Studio, FirstBest UMS simplifies the ability to add new lines of business to carrier implementations. This capability speeds the time to market for new lines by quickly configuring the rating, quoting, binding, issuance, and endorsement features for each line from a single, easy-to-use interface.
- Credit Report Integration - Further expanding the information-gathering capabilities of FirstBest UMS is its new support for credit reports such as the Experian Credit Profile Report. This new integration capability provides carrier access to consumer credit information about the risk, as part of the underwriting workflow within the submission.
- FirstBest Integration Services - Supporting custom integration with carrier systems, release 7.0 introduces FirstBest Integration Services (FIS). Through FIS, FirstBest UMS generates XML messages for key underwriting tasks (submittal, clearance, declining a submission, marking a submission as lost, rating, binding, submitting for issuance, and generating section documents). UMS can then update the relevant forms and fields with data that is returned from the carrier systems.
“With these new features, FirstBest UMS makes huge advances in helping underwriters collect the information they need from within their UMS submissions,” says Paul Cummings, vice president of engineering. “The ability to access relevant documents, pictures, notes, and conversations—all as part of the underwriting workflow, within a single underwriting environment—vastly improves efficiency, collaboration, and turnaround time for FirstBest customers and their producers. Moreover, FirstBest Insight lets underwriters perform superior risk evaluations based on all the data collected during the underwriting process.”
In addition to new capabilities, the FirstBest Suite has recently achieved noteworthy milestones regarding market adoption and customer usage. FirstBest UMS supports more than 12,000 active users. In the past year alone, $5.6 billion worth of customer quotes were processed through FirstBest UMS. All components of the SaaS-based FirstBest Suite continue to run at 100 percent uptime across customer implementations.
“We are excited to introduce the latest version of our product suite to the marketplace. The record levels of premium being written through our underwriting platform every day, and the increasing number of active users, validate the success that FirstBest products deliver to our customers,” says John Belizaire, CEO and founder, FirstBest Systems, Inc.
“Every day I talk to our customers and hear their feedback—not only about the success they experience with our system, but also about their payback from the industry-leading underwriting capabilities of FirstBest and their excitement for enhancements in our product roadmap,” adds Belizaire. “Our customers are the greatest measure of our success, and FirstBest is driven to engineer quality underwriting technology that solves important risk evaluation challenges and helps our customers grow their businesses.”
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Visioning, Setting Scope, and Execution Planning Critical for Successful Digital Strategies, Says Novarica
- ITS Implements QA Best Practices for Rockford Mutual
- FireLight® by Insurance Technologies Features New Advanced User Experience Capabilities and Wizard Designer
- InsurTech Startup Betterview Launches New AI Driven Roof Report to Immediately Identify Roof Condition & Characteristics
- Larger Insurers Extending their Analytics Leads and Piloting Artificial Intelligence, says 3rd Annual Novarica New Normal 100 Benchmark
- 360Globalnet Augments Services and Implementation Capabilities
- TechCanary Incorporates in Canada as TechCanary Insurance Software of Canada ULC
- XL Catlin to Build World’s First On-Demand Cyber Insurance Solution with Slice ICS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views