Grinnell Chooses Guidewire’s Core, Digital Products
Staff Writer | January 13, 2017
Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company and Guidewire Software announce that Grinnell Mutual has selected Guidewire InsuranceSuite, Rating Management, Client Data Management, and Business Intelligence for InsuranceSuite as its platform for policy administration, billing, claims management, underwriting, rating, client data management, and analytics.
The company has also selected Guidewire Quote and Buy Portal for Policyholders, Account Management Portal for Policyholders, and Gateway Portal for Agents to enhance the digital experience of its policyholders and agents. Guidewire PartnerConnect Consulting member Cynosure, a global consulting firm specializing in the implementation of Guidewire Insurance Platform products, is leading the implementation.
Grinnell Mutual selected Guidewire products to transform how it does business and enhance its commitment to serving its mutual members, agents, and policyholders. The company is entering a new market, and will be implementing all of the products at the same time for its personal lines of business. Following that deployment, Grinnell Mutual will be looking to implement the Guidewire systems in the other states where it currently does business.
“We were looking for a vendor that could provide the comprehensive platform we needed. After an intensive evaluation process, we selected Guidewire because we wanted a fully integrated suite of products to improve operational effectiveness, efficiency, and customer service,” says Roby Shay, Grinnell Mutual vice president, enterprise solutions, and CIO. “Guidewire’s vision, P&C industry focus, and product maturity were also attractive to us.”
This is the biggest organizational transformation Grinnell Mutual has ever sought to achieve, so it was extremely important that our business and technology stakeholders were involved in the decision-making process, according to Shay.
“We are confident that Guidewire’s systems will enable our employees, agents, and mutual members to focus on their core competency: providing our policyholders with the very best insurance and service we can offer,” says Shay
Guidewire’s products will enable Grinnell Mutual to:
- Enhance operational efficiency and productivity throughout the organization by standardizing policy administration, billing management, and claims handling processes on a cohesive technology platform
- Enable agents and mutual members to provide exceptional service to policyholders
- Bring new products and services to market more quickly
“We are delighted that Grinnell Mutual has partnered with Cynosure for their Guidewire product implementations,” says Anupam Mittra, senior director and co-founder, Cynosure. “There is synergy between our firms and we look forward to helping Grinnell Mutual transform its business and continue succeeding in the agile insurance landscape.”
“We welcome the addition of Grinnell Mutual to the Guidewire customer family,” says Ken Shapiro, group vice president, Americas sales, Guidewire Software. “We applaud Grinnell Mutual’s commitment to helping ensure its ability to compete in the rapidly changing insurance marketplace, and we look forward to working with them and Cynosure on this project.”
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- 2019 Global Insurance Accelerator Cohort Reflects Evolution of InsurTech
- Nearly 50% of US Insurers Are Enhancing Security Capabilities Across the Board, Says Novarica
- Xchange Benefits Acquires the Assets of J. Allan Hall & Associates, Inc.
- HazardHub Celebrates 2018
- Slice Launch Studio
- Crawford Technologies Experiences its Strongest Year of Sales and Growth
- InsureTech Company Accurence Secures Fourth Patent
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE