Guidewire Extends Digital Portfolio with New Portal for P&C Agents and Brokers
Staff Writer | June 16, 2015
Guidewire Software, announces the addition of Guidewire Gateway Portal for Agents to its mobile and portals product line. Insurer interaction with customers, brokers, agents, and vendors where and when it’s most convenient—online, on their mobile devices, or through the call center—is today’s operational necessity.
Consumers expect a seamless experience across channels to support digital sales, service, and claims capabilities for stakeholders outside the corporate intranet. Agents and brokers are no different.
Guidewire’s Gateway Portal for Agents extends the capabilities of Guidewire InsuranceSuite, empowering insurance agents and brokers to access policyholder portfolio information and transactional data in a browser or on a mobile device. Designed specifically for agents and brokers, it provides policy lifecycle transactional capabilities as well as support for task and book-of-business management in an easy-to-use portal.
Unlike solutions that require core system duplication such as complex screen flow and logic, product definitions, and integration, Guidewire Gateway Portal for Agents reuses these elements from InsuranceSuite, thus achieving faster speed to market and lower total cost of ownership for the insurer and enabling a seamless omnichannel experience for the agent and broker.
Key insurer benefits of Gateway Portal for Agents include:
- Agent Empowerment - Satisfies the informational and transactional needs of insurance agents and brokers with intuitive, self-service design;
- Growth - Helps to attract agent business by enabling insurers to be easier to do business with;
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership - Reuses complex rules, flows, and integrations defined in InsuranceSuite avoiding costly duplication, easing maintenance, and improving speed to market.
“We are excited to offer this portal designed expressly with the needs of agents and brokers in mind,” says Brian Vannoni, vice president, product marketing, Guidewire Software. “We recognize that their role in the business of insurance is an important one and we want to empower them through technology to ensure that they are equipped to serve their customers and deliver on the brand promise of the insurance companies with whom they work.”
Guidewire’s Digital portfolio has continuously built momentum since its launch, with 18 customers in six countries licensing one or more of the Guidewire Mobile and Portals products, and four of those live in production. In addition to Gateway Portal for Agents, Guidewire’s Mobile and Portals product line also includes:
Quote and Buy Portal —Reach new customers with easy access to obtain a quote, review quotes, compare quotes, and buy a policy.
Account Management Portal —Improve customer satisfaction and align more closely with policyholder goals through online policy review and modifications, policy document download, billing status viewing, and online payment.
Claim Portal — Expedite claims with easy claim reporting, coverage verification, and claim status transparency. Communicate with vendors during repairs avoiding delays and ensuring proper work authorizations.
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Appointment of Wendy Aarons-Corman as CEO of OWIT Global
- 360Globalnet Connecting with Insurer Community as AAIS Associate Partner
- Agero Names George Horvat as Chief Operations Officer
- FRISS Joins Duck Creek Partner Ecosystem to Provide Risk and Fraud Detection Solutions to Property & Casualty Insurers Worldwide
- Nationwide Announces New Tech Partnership to Improve Safety for Long-Haul Truck Drivers
- Global Investments in Insurtech: Digitalization Taking Hold
- Lucens Group Announces Corporate Name Change to Claimify to Reflect Commitment to its Software Platform
- The Co-operators Drives Innovative Claims Process with Guidewire InsurancePlatform Cloud-Based Predictive Analytics System
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE