Harford Mutual Insurance Company Selects Sapiens’ North American P&C Insurance Platform
Bill Sinn | October 09, 2018
Sapiens International Corporation, (NASDAQ and TASE: SPNS), a leading global provider of software solutions for the insurance industry, announced today that another North American insurer, Maryland-based Harford Mutual Insurance Company, has selected the Sapiens North American Property and Casualty Insurance Platform. The Sapiens system’s configurability and Harford Mutual’s ability to achieve self-sufficiency were cited as key to the decision.
The Sapiens’ platform components that Harford Mutual will be implementing include: Policy, Rating, Work Manager, Product Designer, and Authority.
A key step in the evaluation and a contributing factor to Harford Mutual’s selection of Sapiens was an extensive proof of concept (POC) designed to address the insurer’s most difficult challenges, serving to fully test the flexibility and configurability of the Sapiens offering.
With Harford Mutual’s goal of selecting a robust policy administration system that its staff could learn to both maintain existing products and develop new ones, the Harford team worked side-by-side during the POC with the Sapien’s team to implement key deliverables of its Business Owners Policy product. Efforts included configuration of over 20 web pages and 12 different transactions, including: new business, endorsements, renewal, out of sequence processing, verification of rating algorithms, specific interfaces like address validation, geocoding, etc. The proof of concept proved to be a tremendous success with the decision made to complete work on the BOP product and to continue the rollout of all of Harford Mutual’s lines of business onto the Sapiens platform.
Commenting on the success of the POC and the choice to implement Sapiens, Tim Baum, CIO with Harford Mutual, said, “After the proof of concept effort, we are extremely confident in the capabilities of the Sapiens platform and are especially impressed with the configurability of the product suite. Sapiens really stood out in the market when we realized that with the Sapien’s product, our business analysts can configure nearly every aspect of our products without reliance on our internal developers or the Sapiens’ staff. That’s the true definition of configurable.”
Steve Linkous, Harford Mutual President and CEO, added, “We anticipate the Sapiens’ system will not only provide us with the operational efficiencies and self-sufficiency for our current business, but will also afford us a platform to support our planned growth with the ease of developing new products and quickly expanding our business to new states.”
“The proof of concept gave us the opportunity to help Harford Mutual fully understand the capabilities and flexibility of our platform, while also getting a head start on the knowledge transfer that is so critical to Harford meeting its self-sufficiency goals,” said John Pettit, head of Sapiens’ North American P&C Insurance Platform business unit.
“Like so many forward-thinking insurers looking to enhance the operation with the effective application of new technology, Harford Mutual understood the importance of selecting a system that could adapt to their business needs rather than having to conform their operation to function within the confines of an inflexible system’s capabilities.”
A sampling of the power of the configuration capabilities and flexibility of the Sapiens platform include:
- A configuration exercise that required five clicks and 45 seconds to complete by a Harford Mutual staff member would have required approximately four hours of work on the Company’s existing legacy system.
- After just one hour of training, Harford Mutual staff were entering rating algorithms in product-ready formulas with to-the-penny accurate results compared to its legacy system.
- 90% of policy data from the legacy system was successfully converted in approximately seven days with minimized work-hours.
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Optimum General Selects Guidewire InsurancePlatform for Core Operations
- Blue Cod Technologies Announces Corporate Name Change to Activer Solutions
- MVP Advisory Group Names Data & Analytics Partner
- Billing Core to Insurers' Service Strategies; Novarica Profiles 15 Vendor Solution Providers
- Million Women Mentors Recognizes MEMIC’s Advocacy
- Guidewire Software Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2019 Financial Results
- Patra Corp Expands Successful Initial Phase of Patra Academy, Partners with Military Spouse Employment Program
- Ecclesiastical Insurance Group Selects Sapiens’ Property and Casualty Insurance Suite as its New Core Platform
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE