HazardHub Celebrates 2018
Bill Sinn | January 01, 2019
Here are some of our "greatest hits" for the last 12 months…and a hint of what’s to come in 2019!
- More than 115,000 free lookups on www.hazardhub.com – when we launched our free lookup service, we had no idea how popular this service would become. It’s used by homeowners. By agents. By underwriters. By inspectors. It was so popular that we had to cut it back a little, as some folks confused a free lookup tool with one they could program into their underwriting systems! (Yes, this did happen) In 2019, we’re adding even more free lookups and a subscription product for our heavy-volume users.
- We Quadrupled our revenue! – Continuing last year's 4X revenue growth, 2018 saw us bring on more than a dozen new clients and partners, all drawn by the comprehensiveness of our data and the fact that we’re super-easy to work with. One of the favorite questions we get asked by prospects is "who uses you?" The answer is more than 40 carriers, MGAs, and partners!
- We added LOTS of new data – Our new Wildfire Risk Model is turning the industry on its head by capturing risk in high-burn areas that other models completely miss. In January, we’ll also be adding in CalFire zones to really hone in on the California fire issue. While wildfire was big, we’ve also added real-estate transaction data, clandestine drug labs, police stations, a Frozen Pipe model, an Ice Dam model, Community Rating Service to our Flood data, updated all of our FEMA flood polygons, added Katabatic Wind Zones, census geocoding data, a national Sinkhole Risk database, eight states of known Sinkhole points, and drug/alcohol deaths. In other words, we’ve kept our data team hopping!
- 9.75 Million Hydrant Locations AND Perennial Water - We are STILL obsessed with collecting hydrant data and are now up to more than 9.75 million hydrant locations. We have also added "perennial water within 1,000 feet" as a variable for those areas that are not in HydrantHub but are covered by perennial water. In one recent study for a California client, we covered 95.6% of their book of business with known hydrant locations. For one insurer with a book primarily in the Midwest, we covered 64.4% of the book with hydrants within 1000’ and another 14.5% with no hydrants but with perennial water within 1000’.
- Won FOUR industry "shark tank" events - We spent a lot of time on stages this year. We were fortunate enough to claim victories in events held in Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas, and Hartford, along with a runner-up finish in Chicago. While it would be better if any of these came with cash prizes, we’re happy with the trophies, plaques, certificates and hearty congratulations we’ve been getting. We were also named the "Data Provider of the Year" by our partners at Fenris Digital!
- A New Board Member – One of the shark tank victories (the Entrepreneurial Insurance Alliance, sponsored by MarketScout, where we were named 2018 Insurance Entrepreneur of the Year) had a huge impact on our business, as MarketScout CEO Richard Kerr joined HazardHub as a board member. Richard brings a great deal of industry experience to HazardHub, helping to add depth to our insurance industry knowledge.
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- 2019 Global Insurance Accelerator Cohort Reflects Evolution of InsurTech
- Nearly 50% of US Insurers Are Enhancing Security Capabilities Across the Board, Says Novarica
- Xchange Benefits Acquires the Assets of J. Allan Hall & Associates, Inc.
- HazardHub Celebrates 2018
- Slice Launch Studio
- Crawford Technologies Experiences its Strongest Year of Sales and Growth
- InsureTech Company Accurence Secures Fourth Patent
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE