Hyland Accelerates Digital Transformation with Latest OnBase Release
Staff Writer | June 27, 2017
Hyland announces the latest release of its enterprise information platform, OnBase by Hyland. With greater configurability, enhanced mobile capabilities, and expanded integration options, the OnBase 17 release continues to drive solutions that link critical content to core systems and manage related processes and data.
OnBase combines the capabilities of enterprise content management (ECM), case management, business process management and capture on a single platform deployed in the cloud or on premises, minimizing IT sprawl. Incorporating nearly 3,500 new customer-driven features and enhancements across all aspects of the software, OnBase 17 improves functionality and refreshes the user experience with modernized client interfaces.
“We’re thrilled to introduce OnBase 17, the world’s most powerful, versatile and intuitive enterprise information platform,” says Bill Priemer, president and CEO at Hyland. “We’ve made improvements to all areas of the product, affecting every industry we serve. This includes tremendous enhancements to the user experience, based on customer feedback. We’re elated with the result and confident our customers will be, too.”
Key enhancements to the OnBase platform include:
- An elevated user experience – A refreshed design with improved navigation and visibility facilitates ease of operation for users and administrators alike. Numerous performance enhancements, like a faster document viewer with a lower memory footprint, elevate usability.
- Offline mobile briefcase – Deskless workers can continue to work digitally in areas where there is limited or no network connectivity. Relevant information in OnBase is securely downloaded to the mobile device for offline work. While working unconnected, users can gather new information in forms, photos and documents – all synchronizing back to the OnBase system once network connectivity becomes available.
- Refined two-factor authentication – New tools make it easier to utilize third-party identity service providers for enhanced security.
- Capture upgrades – Expedited scanning and indexing processes, mobile offline capture capabilities and more administrative tools support increasingly sophisticated capture scenarios.
- Advanced electronic form capabilities – Administrators have much more flexibility with form design, graphical formatting and template management.
“Each year, we continue to strengthen our position as a leading developer of content services platforms and applications,” says Brenda Kirk, senior vice president of corporate strategy and product at Hyland. “After over 1.3 million hours of research and development to keep us ahead of the curve, OnBase 17 delivers an even more capable and configurable platform with unlimited potential for our customers to grow and innovate with confidence.”
OnBase 17 provides several enhancements to its best-in-class industry offerings, including:
- Insurance – For claims, policy and billing, OnBase 17 offers solution enhancements in advanced capture, document composition, document packaging and customer communications management. Additionally, cloud-ready solution accelerators for v9 of Guidewire ClaimCenter, PolicyCenter and BillingCenter are available and have received Ready for Guidewire designation.
- Administrative and Shared Service Solutions – New developments in capture and optical character recognition (OCR) tools continue to improve the way customers ingest documents (e.g., invoices and sales orders) and feed critical data to core systems like enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. With enhancements to OnBase mobile capabilities, remote workers have even greater access to content they need to accelerate approvals and make business decisions on the go. Electronic form upgrades make it easier to create and manage forms for human resources functions, contracts, service ticketing and other common business processes.
- Financial Services – OnBase 17 provides financial institutions with enhancements, such as additional masking support for keywords and increased functionality surrounding loan document classification and management of document template libraries. Integrations between OnBase and core banking platforms provide even more potential and flexibility with new capabilities and a new integration with jXchange.
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Appointment of Wendy Aarons-Corman as CEO of OWIT Global
- 360Globalnet Connecting with Insurer Community as AAIS Associate Partner
- Agero Names George Horvat as Chief Operations Officer
- FRISS Joins Duck Creek Partner Ecosystem to Provide Risk and Fraud Detection Solutions to Property & Casualty Insurers Worldwide
- Nationwide Announces New Tech Partnership to Improve Safety for Long-Haul Truck Drivers
- Global Investments in Insurtech: Digitalization Taking Hold
- Lucens Group Announces Corporate Name Change to Claimify to Reflect Commitment to its Software Platform
- The Co-operators Drives Innovative Claims Process with Guidewire InsurancePlatform Cloud-Based Predictive Analytics System
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE