IGO Becomes zags; Company Announces $30 Million in New Funding
Staff Writer | June 13, 2014
Insurance Global Operations (IGO), a solution provider of core processing systems for the P&C and life insurance markets, announces it has rebranded as zags. In addition to the new company name, zags is moving its company headquarters from Paris to New York to establish its identity as a U.S.-based company and to best service its target North American market.
The company has also received an infusion of $30 million in new funding, provided by the company’s existing and founding shareholders. With the strong commitment from its shareholders and healthy financial position, zags is poised to make significant investments in the continued research and development of its solutions, and its North American sales and marketing effort.
According to Olivier Jaillon, zags founder and CEO, “We chose to rebrand the company as ‘zags’ because the name symbolizes taking a road that, at least as of today, is much less travelled. While every other core insurance solution provider zigs, our plan is to zag—to do things differently—whether it’s how we creatively apply technology, help insurers improve their businesses, or how we collaborate internally and externally throughout the industry.”
In addition to the company name change, the IGO6 collaborative insurance administration platform has also been rebranded as zags. The zags solution is:
Designed to reengineer insurance processes by embedding collaboration, business intelligence, and user experience capabilities.
The industry’s only collaborative insurance administration platform.
The first insurance core processing solution developed on a full Microsoft stack embedding Microsoft enterprise solutions.
Commenting on the new zags brand and the company’s prospects for the future, Chad Hersh, managing director of Novarica’s insurance practice, says, “The decision to move the company headquarters to the U.S., coupled with the renewed investment and the first U.S. client win are key success factors for ongoing growth in the U.S. market. Combined with the expansion into the group life space, zags looks poised for an exciting 2014.”
Since expanding its operation last year to include a focus in the North American insurance market, zags invested the past year in listening to, learning from, and collaborating with the North American insurance industry. Results include:
An investment in primary research, validating zags’ market assumptions;
Selection of zags by two early adopter U.S. insurer clients;
200 percent growth of the zags U.S team; and
Continued product development to best address the North American insurance market needs.
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- 2019 Global Insurance Accelerator Cohort Reflects Evolution of InsurTech
- Nearly 50% of US Insurers Are Enhancing Security Capabilities Across the Board, Says Novarica
- Xchange Benefits Acquires the Assets of J. Allan Hall & Associates, Inc.
- HazardHub Celebrates 2018
- Slice Launch Studio
- Crawford Technologies Experiences its Strongest Year of Sales and Growth
- InsureTech Company Accurence Secures Fourth Patent
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE