ISCS Adds New Features to SurePower Innovation Platform
Staff Writer | October 13, 2016
ISCS announces the immediate availability of SurePower Innovation 3.0.14, the company’s cloud-based, insurance platform for Property & Casualty insurers. The most recent version includes functionality specific to the needs of policyholders taking out multiple policies, pre-approval for quotes and applications, and an open work feature that quickly identifies tasks requiring immediate action.
“Consumer demands and pressures from new competitors are increasing insurers’ innovation initiatives,” says Andy Scurto, president of ISCS. “However, it is important insurers not sacrifice technology spend and evolution of existing processes designed to improve the consumer experience in favor of these initiatives. Striking a balance here is key. We’ve incorporated customer requests, industry domain expertise and cutting-edge technology into solution updates to ensure our insurer clients stay competitive and relevant, while positioning themselves for the future.”
Enhancements to SurePower Innovation 3.0.14 include:
- Customer Level Policy Release: This new feature enables agents to hold or “pend” a policy to avoid sending a statement upon issuance of one policy, when another policy is due to be issued. This new feature provides a simple-to-use tool to let the agent and underwriters both be in charge of when the issuance of a group of applications actually happens, in order to maximize satisfaction for all process stakeholders.
- Pre-Approval Feature: This feature warns agents of possible approval issues as early as at quote time, to allow pre-approval by an underwriter before spending too much time on a quote which, ultimately, will not be approved. SurePower Innovation now automatically detects when an item on the quote may require approval and presents a pre-approval option to the agent, which can be exercised via a single click.
- Enhanced Credit Card Payment Functionality: This release provides a standard way to integrate credit card payments into business process; extends the configurability of the Authorize.Net interface so that each insurer can be associated with separate merchant accounts; and allows a policy on a Statement Account to be moved to another customer.
- Open Work Tab: This release extends the inbox and task management feature and introduces a new tab on the home page for agents and underwriters. This feature enables users to quickly view all the applications requiring immediate action, such as underwriter approval, amendment of application information or policy issuance, so the applications can be advanced to the next business step.
Distinguishing itself from other core administration solutions on the market, SurePower Innovation gives P&C insurers increased scalability, configurability, flexibility and agility, with deeper functionality when the platform, or its many components, are delivered as a managed cloud solution via ISCS’s SurePackage deployment option.
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Tower Selects EIS Group’s Insurance Platform to Drive Transformation
- NTUC Income Selects Majesco Distribution Management and Majesco Digital Solutions to Advance its Distribution Management Operation
- Emerson Reid Modernizes Its Business Processes With VUE Software
- Octo Telematics Powers CAA MyPace™ Pay-As-You-Go Program
- Announcing the Solartis Insure Microservice Hackathon
- DataCubes Completes Plug and Play Tech Accelerator Program
- Medical Mutual of Ohio Implements One Inc Digital Payments
- SUNZ Insurance in Production with Sapiens’ Workers’ Compensation CompSuite® Policy System
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views