ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
Robert Regis Hyle | January 23, 2017
The insurance industry is at a crossroads, in terms of opportunity. After decades that featured little or no changes in how carriers operated in terms of underwriting, pricing and distributing policies to customers, we have reached a point where insurers have options they never dreamed of. They need to act on those possibilities to stay ahead of the competition and close the increasingly wider gap of customer expectations.
With that in mind, I would like to invite you to attend our third annual conference, ITA LIVE, which will be held March 12-14 at the Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Marriott Pompano Beach Resort and Spa.
Insurance IT and business leaders can avail themselves of the opportunity to learn about some of the “what’s next” plans for insurance. Two examples are artificial intelligence and blockchain technology. Our speakers on these subjects, Craig Bedell of IBM and Mike Fitzgerald of Celent, respectively, know the concerns—and some fears—that come with new technology, but they can assure those who care about the future that those possibilities needn’t be feared.
Insurance carriers also will get to wrap their heads around the new phenomenon known as insurtech. Unlike buzzwords of the past, this one is not built on any single technology. Rather, it covers a wide range of opportunity for insurers and their partners in the solution provider community to understand what is out there and how it can positively affect an insurer’s performance.
Speakers from such insurtech companies as Roost, Smart Drivinc, and Dropin may be unfamiliar names to many carriers, but they—and dozens more—are paving the way to provide point solutions that will keep the carrier community nimble and flexible.
There also will be valuable information on how insurers handle the day-to-day issues faced by the entire industry. The CEO and CIO from Citizens Property Insurance will explain how the preparation that goes into catastrophe management played out for them when Hurricane Matthew struck Florida and other southeastern states last summer.
In short, there is plenty there for everyone to learn from and, even in a learning atmosphere, enjoy. Also, never shortchange the value of sharing time with your peers. Some of the best results for those who attend such conferences come from the interaction shared with other industry leaders.
Please consider the opportunity the ITA offers its members, one of the many services we make available to our friends and supporters. The conference is just a month away, so don’t delay any longer. As those in attendance at the first two iterations of ITA LIVE can attest, it will be well worth the time spent away from the office.
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- InsuredMine Announces Launch of New Consumer Insurance Management App
- CSAA Insurance Group Selects EIS Group’s Digital Experience Platform
- Bankers Insurance Selects Roost® for Home Telematics Solution
- New Study of More than 100 Insurers Finds Emerging Tech Deployment Still Rare, But Poised for Growth in 2018 and Beyond
- The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group Selects Guidewire Products to Transform Core Operation, Data, and Analytics Capabilities
- Claim Central Consolidated improves U.S. Insurer Choice in Digital Claims Fulfillment Technology
- Global Insurance Accelerator Welcomes Largest Cohort
- Roost® Adds Smart Garage Door Sensor to Suite of Home Telematics Solutions for Insurance Partners
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
The core systems replacement cycle is speeding up. Twenty years ago, even if you spent your entire career working at the same insurance company, you... READ MORE
- Partner News