Instec Introduces Rating in the Cloud for Commercial Lines
Staff Writer | October 07, 2014
Instec announces the introduction and immediate availability of its standalone rating in the cloud service, Cirrus, which offers commercial lines carriers, reinsurers, MGAs, MGUs, and solution providers a bureau-based rating capabilities for all lines, in all states, as an independent solution, decoupled from policy administration functionality.
Cirrus combines advisory prospective loss costs from ISO, NCCI, and state-based bureaus with the ability for companies to custom configure rating to fit their filings. Designed specifically for companies that require immediate quote capabilities, Cirrus empowers businesses to begin revenue generating activity on Day 1, whether they choose to perform rating as a standalone function or wish to consume rating in their policy administration of choice.
With the introduction of Cirrus, Instec componentizes core rating functionality to provide clients with access to configurable, content-rich, cloud-based rating as a separate and distinct service from full policy administration. This direction meets the need in the marketplace as companies of all sizes battle policy administration implementation and subsequent update projects. Leveraging Cirrus as a standalone rating engine ensures that companies regain and retain the ability to quote new business, without impact to current IT projects.
“Cirrus provides insurers with an accelerated path forward to seize upon new business opportunities,” says Karen Furtado, partner, Strategy Meets Action. “What makes Cirrus so unique is the vast repository of bureau-based rates, rules, and forms that powers the cloud-based rating engine, covering all 50 states and 10 lines of business. For companies that might be in the middle of a larger policy administration system implementation or for those spinning up new, yet-to-be-proven products, Cirrus provides an accessible, scalable option to enter new markets and begin quoting new business immediately, without impact to current IT projects.”
Cirrus delivers the following capabilities to the property/casualty commercial lines space:
Cloud based rating, all states, all lines, for admitted or non-admitted business
The ability to perform a host of transactions over the life of the policy, including endorsements, renewals, and policy re-writes
Highly adaptive communication to policy administration systems
A single point of data entry, ensuring ease-of-business with clients
Advisory rates, loss costs, rules, and forms from ISO, NCCI, and state-based bureaus
A self-service configuration layer, so that insurers can remain preeminently competitive by building products and programs and customizing coverages on the fly
Customizable forms engine that will feed policy administration systems
“The big value add for Seneca is the fact that ISO’s advisory prospective loss costs, rules, and forms content is maintained and updated effectively in our Instec system,” says John Rendina, vice president of operations at Seneca Insurance Companies. “I don’t know how they do it so efficiently, but Instec is delivering every change ISO releases, along with their experts’ narratives and interpretations for our review and consideration—generally three to four months ahead of the effective date, which supports our ease of adoption. In addition, they provide us with historically accurate rates so we can match favorable filing actions as we expand and grow. This is an operational advantage that has made us more responsive in our product and service offerings to our customers.”
“Bringing Cirrus to market is as important to the industry as it is to Instec,” says Ray Simon, president and CEO, Instec. “Never before have insurers and the vendor community had the ability to instantly access the most up-to-date advisory content, via a Cloud based rating engine that can slip into any policy administration system out there, without a hitch. For companies in highly-competitive markets, or for those bogged down in the midst of an enterprise- wide system implementation that may have (even temporarily) lost the ability to quote new business, Cirrus gives an accessible, cost effective path forward, enabling those organizations to strike while the iron is hot, and begin revenue generating activity immediately.”
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Unique partnership between VMSolution and FRISS enables fast claims process
- Roost Joins the IoT Insurance Observatory
- Appalachian Underwriters launches world-class billing and payments offering (through Input 1)
- National Life Transforms Customer Experience Program with Cognizant
- Insurers Driving Real, Measurable Value from Digital Investments
- Insurers Embracing Digital Claims Payments, Says Novarica
- Majesco and DataRobot Partner to Bring Integrated AI/Machine Learning with Majesco Solutions to Customers and the Insurance Industry
- Stonetrust Commercial Insurance Selects Insurity’s Cloud-hosted ‘Workers’ CompXPress Suite’ to Improve Operations and Customer Experience
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE