Insurity Acquires Valen Analytics
Staff Writer | January 26, 2017
Insurity announced its acquisition of Valen Analytics, a provider of proprietary data, analytics, and predictive modeling for P&C insurers. The Valen brand will be retained with the organization, operating as ‘Valen Analytics, an Insurity company.’
The addition of Valen further elevates Insurity’s market position and the strategic value it can offer to its customers as they meet the challenges and opportunities presented by the current wave of innovation, and increasing demands for a modern customer experience. In addition to its established core processing systems that are architected to enable data driven processes and user experiences, Insurity’s Insurance Enterprise View (IEV) offers a holistic solution to the data collection and aggregation issues that plague many insurers today.
Insurity customers can take advantage of Valen’s data-first strategy, having amassed contributory data assets across all standard P&C lines. Valen’s InsureRight Platform and predictive analytic solutions produce results that dramatically improve underwriting performance and give insurers the confidence to leverage the real-time risk selection and pricing tools needed to offer a digital experience for both policyholders and agents.
“The evolution of the personal and small commercial insurance markets is a focal point of incumbents and new entrants alike, and a contributory approach will help propel the capabilities of insurers who want to assert their relevance in delivering a modern customer experience,” says Dax Craig, Valen CEO and president. “Valen is honored to join Insurity, a company that understands the needs of P&C insurers, and how important it is to make decisions supported by data analytics.”
“Recent Novarica research shows that more than half of insurers are using real-time scoring today, and more than a quarter are planning pilot programs this year. Solutions like Valen that unite insurance data and proven analytic models are likely to be in high demand. This acquisition adds a new cloud-based component which can cross Insurity’s broad portfolio of core systems and enterprise data offerings,” says Matthew Josefowicz, president and CEO of Novarica, a research and advisory firm focused on insurance technology strategy.
Karlyn Carnahan, Celent’s research director, says, “This acquisition represents another bold move for Insurity as it continues to vertically integrate across the insurance business. It will strengthen their competitive marketplace position and complement the existing portfolio of products while adding new, key capabilities for their clients. Valen will benefit from being able to leverage the additional resources provided by Insurity to continue expanding their solution offerings and accelerate growth.”
“Valen has pioneered a world-class approach to underwriting analytics with the development of InsureRight Platform,” said Jeffrey Glazer, Insurity CEO. “Valen’s contributory data assets, real-time deployment technology, and solid bench strength of insurance expertise, has a proven track record of successfully integrating analytics into the underwriting decision-making process. There is built-in alignment with Insurity’s commitment to deliver tangible results for customers, along with the strategic advantage resulting from our synergistic solutions.”
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Crawford Technologies Announces Release of ePresentment Gateway for Box
- New Study of More than 100 Insurers Finds Success Among Early Adopters of Emerging Tech, Says Novarica
- Anshuman Purohit Assumes Senior Technology Leadership Role at CastleBay Companies
- AVYST Welcomes Kitty Ambers as Chief Growth Officer
- Agero Strengthens Executive Team with Bill Gerraughty as Chief Financial Officer
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- 2019 Global Insurance Accelerator Cohort Reflects Evolution of InsurTech
- Nearly 50% of US Insurers Are Enhancing Security Capabilities Across the Board, Says Novarica
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE