It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
Robert Regis Hyle | February 10, 2014
I’ve been fortunate in my career to be involved with two start-up magazines. It’s been nearly 15 years since I had the first opportunity and all I can say about that experience is that I really didn’t know much at all about what I was doing.
Thankfully, that’s not the case with the first edition of ITA Pro magazine and the launching of this website.
Fifteen years ago I could never imagine the possibility of writing 3,000 words on the different aspects of predictive analytics or whether the core systems insurers are being asked to invest in today will have the longevity of the legacy systems they all hope to retire.
But here I am, editing a new magazine and website and excited about the possibilities of what the Insurance Technology Association—and many of the things the ITA is proposing—can do for the insurance technology audience that we serve.
One of the things I’m particularly excited about is the collaboration of the men and women who make up our ITA Advisory Board. Jim Daggett, executive director of the ITA and publisher of this magazine, and I sought out insurance IT executives who care not just about the performance of their company, but how technology can make their business and the entire insurance industry successful.
Never having worked with an advisory board before, I didn’t know what to expect, but in just a few short months we managed to put together a group that believes there is a place for the ITA in this market and want to help us provide their peers with valuable ideas and content that will enlighten and inform the insurance IT community.
Fifteen years ago when I tried this I was afraid that I would never understand this whole technology thing and scared my bosses would discover I was right to be nervous. Today is a new day for me, the ITA, and hopefully for you as well. There are great and exciting things taking place in our industry and we relish the opportunity to present them to you, not just on a monthly basis but on a daily basis.
I’m looking forward to writing for you and even more, I’m looking forward to hearing back from you. Call me or write me—my phone number and email address are on the contact link on our home page—and join me on LinkedIn and Twitter. And be sure to visit www.itapro.org//register/membership to sign up with the ITA. There are plenty of benefits. We’ve got a lot to share so let’s get started.
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Adaptik Named Among Best Workplaces 2017 List
- Guidewire Launches Accelerators to Meet Consumer Applications
- New Platform Enables DRC Customers to Conduct 6,000,000+ Ratings an Hour
- Roost Unveils Next Gen Smart Home Products
- MetLife Auto & Home Offers Digital Products via Guidewire
- Solartis Releases Rating Micro Service with ISO Electronic Rating Content
- Majesco Announces Digital Engagement and Microservices Platform as a Service
- Franklin Mutual Adds Roost Home Telematics Solutions
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Robert Regis Hyle
Insurance has gone through several business and technology cycles in the last two decades and with the infusion of not just insurtech tools but with... READ MORE
The whole transportation sector is in for massive transformation. The way people and goods will be moved from point A to point B in the future will be... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
The core systems replacement cycle is speeding up. Twenty years ago, even if you spent your entire career working at the same insurance company, you... READ MORE
- Partner News