Italian Insurer Deploys Guidewire Claims Administration System
Staff Writer | February 11, 2015
Guidewire Software announces that UnipolSai has successfully deployed Guidewire ClaimCenter as its new platform for claims management in all agencies and claims operations. UnipolSai implemented ClaimCenter for its personal and commercial lines with the support of Guidewire and its partners, GFT Italia and Ernst & Young Italia.
In reviewing its options to build or buy its new claims system, UnipolSai focused on operational efficiency as a key business driver. The company sought a modern claims system that would reduce unnecessary manual processes and allow staff to focus on serving customers. UnipolSai also required a flexible system capable of supporting fluctuating business needs. Guidewire ClaimCenter was selected to help UnipolSai meet its objectives.
“The solution implemented will not only provide UnipolSai with the flexibility to meet growing business and customer demands, but it will enable us to be compliant with all rules and regulations set forth by the Italian market,” says Mario Bocca, head of Unipol Gruppo CIO.
With Guidewire ClaimCenter, UnipolSai is now able to:
- Consolidate and standardize claims handling systems and processes on a modern platform;
- Configure system changes internally to better keep pace with changing business and regulatory condition
- Eliminate several manual processes so that staff can focus on customer service; and
- Improve operational visibility through better data collection and access capabilities.
“We are pleased to welcome UnipolSai to the Guidewire family and congratulate them on their successful deployment,” said Keith Stonell, managing director EMEA, Guidewire. “UnipolSai is a leader in its market and acknowledges the positive impact a flexible claims management system can have on its business. We applaud UnipolSai’s commitment to improve customer service and operational efficiencies."
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Cloverleaf Analytics Announces Version 2.0 Release
- AmWINS selects ClarionDoor’s Digital Distribution Suite to Power Underwriting Platform
- Ask Kodiak Connects TrustedChoice.com Carrier Appetite to TechCanary Agency Management System
- Seth Bostock Joins Lucens Group as CTO with Vision to Simplify the Disability Insurance Experience
- Life Insurers Enhancing Claims Systems, Novarica Profiles Six Prominent Providers
- HazardHub Releases Frozen Pipe Score, Ice Dam Score and enhanced Weather Variables
- Big Gains & Big Bets in the Independent Insurance Channel
- Life/Annuity Insurers Taking Product and Distribution Strategy Cues from InsureTech, says Novarica
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
The Insurance Technology Association is pleased to announce that ITA Live 2019 is scheduled for May 5-7, 2019 at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and... READ MORE
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views