Kanopy Insurance Cites TechCanary Platform as Enabler to Growth, Customer Retention
Staff Writer | February 15, 2017
TechCanary announces Kanopy Insurance has cited TechCanary’s Insurance Platform as a key enabler to the agency’s rapid growth and improved customer retention. Built in Salesforce, the TechCanary platform provides Kanopy with full agency management capabilities, customer relationship management (CRM), and data access combined with powerful analytics and flexible reporting.
Kanopy’s goal was to differentiate itself in today’s market by providing an exemplary insurance shopping, buying, and service experience, enabled by skilled staff, smart automation, modern technology, and the use of data.
As a new entity, Kanopy understood it needed to choose its technology wisely to ensure it could deliver the service and operational efficiencies required to establish and maintain a competitive advantage. Kanopy also quickly realized that a traditional agency management system would be insufficient, as they wanted to manage the agency and customer relationships in a way that was truly modern.
Explaining Kanopy’s selection of TechCanary, Ryan McClintock, Kanopy’s CEO, says, “We needed so much more than an agency management system in that we wanted to be able to interact with and service clients any way they preferred—Facebook, Twitter, chat, text, phone, email—via an omni-channel experience. What we really needed was a customer relationship management system that also had all the agency management capabilities.”
“The added bonus with the TechCanary system is the access to our data, combined with the robust and flexible reporting capabilities,” says McClintock. “We are able to track our KPIs, better analyze our customers and markets for cross-sell, new business, customer services opportunities, and overall just continue to fine tune our operation.”
The benefits Kanopy has experienced with the TechCanary Insurance Platform include but are not limited to:
- 1000 percent increase in revenue in the first year of platform use with continued impressive growth year after year;
- Greatly and consistently improved retention rate—up from 70 to 80 percent over the past two years, with an 85 percent target for 2017;
- A modern technology platform able to support agency growth with the number of users increasing by 150 percent since system first installed; and
- System’s cloud-delivery has enabled Kanopy’s quick expansion and support of new offices as well as a remote workforce.
“We are thrilled that Kanopy has acknowledged the role we have played in their success and congratulate them on changing the way an agency does business and interacts with customers. This is the kind of change our industry needs more and more of to meet the expectations of today’s and the future’s insurance buyer,” says Reid Holzworth, TechCanary CEO and founder. “Kanopy has been a great client to work with and really understood our differentiators from the initial look. Ryan and his team knew that a traditional agency management system couldn’t enable their vision and that the relationship with the client needed to be front and center, while all the back office capabilities and accounting functions typical of legacy agency management systems were just a necessity.”
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Optimum General Selects Guidewire InsurancePlatform for Core Operations
- Blue Cod Technologies Announces Corporate Name Change to Activer Solutions
- MVP Advisory Group Names Data & Analytics Partner
- Billing Core to Insurers' Service Strategies; Novarica Profiles 15 Vendor Solution Providers
- Million Women Mentors Recognizes MEMIC’s Advocacy
- Guidewire Software Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2019 Financial Results
- Patra Corp Expands Successful Initial Phase of Patra Academy, Partners with Military Spouse Employment Program
- Ecclesiastical Insurance Group Selects Sapiens’ Property and Casualty Insurance Suite as its New Core Platform
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE