Latest Version of EIS Group’s Solution Delivers Disability Claims Management
Staff Report | March 23, 2017
EIS Group announces that the latest version of the ClaimCore claims management solution supports claims for disability insurance and enables benefits insurers to improve disability claims accuracy and efficiency, automate payment calculation, improve compliance and enhance customer service to employers, employees and brokers.
"Disability claims are quite complex and have often required too many manual processes at insurers,” says Tom Scales, Head of Americas – Life, Annuity and Health at Celent. “The level of automation now offered in ClaimCore, particularly the heavy calculations involved in disability plans and the ability to streamline processes, will be of big benefit to the insurer and the plan sponsors. The fact that this new release is already in production is a bonus."
The addition of disability claims positions ClaimCore as a complete system supporting all the core and voluntary products in group and individual, worksite and voluntary markets all on the same platform. The solution can be deployed as a standalone core system or as a modular component of EIS Core Insurance Suite, providing benefits insurers with additional options for transforming their legacy core systems. ClaimCore for disability claims is already in production at one large, US-based benefits insurer and being evaluated by additional carriers.
Using ClaimCore for short-term, long-term and statutory disability claims provides insurers significant advantages, including:
- A single comprehensive claim solution – ClaimCore simplifies operations by introducing a single solution that replaces disparate technologies, including claims payment, workflow and document imaging solutions, to deliver accuracy and consistency to the disability claims process.
- A powerful payment calculation engine – ClaimCore addresses the complexity of disability claims payments with automated, out-of-the-box calculations for: pro-rating overlapping periods of time; multiple partial disability payment methods; offsets, deductions, taxes and liens; recalculating paid periods; and multiple methods of recovering overpayments.
- Seamless Integration with policy and customer data – ClaimCore connects to legacy policy and billing systems through a rich set of integration services to access all relevant disability claim eligibility information.
- Automated and auditable claims processes – ClaimCore leverages advanced workflow, rules and calculation engines to automate disability claims and help carriers improve customer satisfaction.
“We are very pleased to offer this superior disability claim management solution option to address the inefficiencies that can negatively impact claims customer service and increase expense for insurers,” says Jim Eva, EIS Group’s product executive for claims. “We have heard what our customers need and applied the computational power and design flexibility of the EIS platform to create a solution that works seamlessly within the EIS Suite or as a standalone component to deliver better claims outcomes.”
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- OneWorld Instech Launches OWIT Services Division
- The Institutes RiskBlock Alliance™ Announces EY as Blockchain Security and Risk Services Provider
- Encompass Helps Keep Customers Connected & Safe with Roost Home Safety Devices
- Slice Labs Strengthens Insurance Cloud Focus with Veteran Industry Executive Hire
- Mennonite Mutual Selects Finys for Core System Replacement
- Entertainment Risk Goes Live with ClarionDoor Issuance
- AAIS Collaborates With IBM To Transform Insurance Regulatory Reporting Using Blockchain
- K2 Insurance Services Implements One Inc for Digital Billing Capabilities
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views