LexisNexis Risk Solutions Selected by GM as Preferred Insurance Data Partner
Bill Sinn | August 21, 2019
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions, a leading provider of data, analytics and technology, today announced that General Motors (NYSE: GM) has selected the LexisNexis® Telematics Exchange, a device-agnostic telematics ecosystem, as its preferred portal for sharing consumer-approved connected car data with insurers.
The mission of the Telematics Exchange is to help save consumers time and money, and enhance safety with programs such as proactive, personalized insurance discount offers and safe driving initiatives. Consumers can apply for safe driver discounts, based on their driving behavior. This only can occur with the driver’s consent, and only when they enroll in specific programs.
LexisNexis has been a trusted steward of data for more than 25 years and is an innovator in using data to help make consumers’ daily lives easier. As the first automaker to offer connected vehicles, GM’s addition marks an important step in the growth of the LexisNexis Telematics Exchange.
Now, automakers are adding consumer-approved connected car data into the LexisNexis Telematics Exchange, which then normalizes the data so that it can be more seamlessly integrated into participating insurers’ usage-based insurance (UBI) programs. Consumers can benefit from insurance offers and discounts based on safe driving behavior and habits that take care of their cars and the people in them.
“Our exchange platform enables automakers and insurers to maintain UBI program continuity regardless of the data sources used and future technological disruptions. Having GM select our Telematics Exchange illustrates their commitment to the future of mobility,” said Adam Hudson, General Manager and Senior Director, Connected Car, LexisNexis Risk Solutions. “As a leading automaker and a pioneer in automotive connectivity, safety and security through OnStar, we’re excited to enable GM to more seamlessly work with insurers to provide the best solutions for their drivers.”
Collectively, LexisNexis Risk Solutions has more than 125 years’ experience in automotive, telematics and technology, and is embedded into insurance workflows, including 95 of the top 100 U.S. personal lines insurers. In addition, 85% of U.S. auto insurers use a LexisNexis prefill solution, which is focused on ease of use for the consumer, improved accuracy and a better experience throughout the customer journey.
- The September/October 2019 issue of ITA PRO magazine is now available in digital format here:
- ITA Pro Magazine May/June 2019
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- AI-Powered Insurmi Secures Funding to Modernize How Insurers Engage Customers
- JAUNTIN’ Launches On-Demand Health Program for Gig Economy Workers
- Carpe Data Launches New Commercial Data-as-a-Service Platform
- First Broker-Led Investor Group and Accelerator Program Launches in Des Moines
- Branch Launches Bundled Home and Auto Insurance Products Using ClarionDoor Technology
- Ask Kodiak and Friends to Host Insurtech Boston on October 29
- SageSure Insurance Managers Reaches 10-Year Milestone
- As InsureTech Wave Matures, Insurers See Partners More Than Competitors, Says Novarica
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2020
ITA LIVE 2020 –SAVE THE DATE!
April 5th – 7th, 2020
The Diplomat Resort
Become a member today to receive updates – www.itapro.org/MR
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Customer experience is an essential component of the transformational journey... READ MORE
Insurance companies can serve customers better when they have access to accurate data and use it to send personalized, relevant messages that deliver... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE