Liberty Mutual Collaborates with EIS, Amazon Web Services on Cloud-Based Solution
Staff Writer | October 26, 2016
Liberty Mutual Insurance leverages the latest cloud technologies and agile development methods to quickly bring to life a strategic state-of-the-art single business platform, providing a host of advantages to the insurer’s group benefits and individual life and annuity operations.
“To best meet customer expectations and reach our goal, we knew we needed a technology platform that allowed for quick, iterative development, mirroring our agile business approach.”
“Technology is rapidly transforming all of Liberty Mutual’s businesses,” says John Heveran, senior vice president, Liberty Mutual Insurance and CIO of Commercial Insurance. “This was an opportunity to collaborate with some of the industry leaders in technology, along with our business partners, to bring a winning set of capabilities to market rapidly and effectively.”
Liberty Mutual’s strategic approach to technology is designed to meet the needs of the company’s business units by drawing on the latest standards, buying promising solutions, tailoring them to gain differentiation, and optimizing those solutions for speed and flexibility in order to consistently deliver best-in-class solutions.
“We set an aggressive goal to bring new products to market in just nine months,” says Rebecca Schechter, executive vice president of commercial insurance and president of Liberty Mutual Benefits. “To best meet customer expectations and reach our goal, we knew we needed a technology platform that allowed for quick, iterative development, mirroring our agile business approach.”
Liberty Mutual leveraged EIS Group’s EIS Core Insurance Suite to meet the needs of Liberty Mutual’s benefits business unit to speed time to market, increase security, provide access from a range of devices, and offer bilingual capabilities. The new single cloud-based platform, Serview, will replace a number of stand-alone systems to simplify data movement and consistency and to provide geographic and product scalability and cost efficiency.
“EIS Group is pleased to be a strategic technology partner for Liberty Mutual, and we’re proud to continue our track record of rapid software implementations,” says Alec Miloslavsky, chairman and CEO, EIS Group. “The unprecedented speed of this new solution’s deployment is a clear testament to the importance of partnership, the value of Liberty Mutual’s forward-looking strategic approach to IT, and the advanced architecture and functionality of the EIS Suite.”
In addition to the core software platform, Liberty also chose Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a critical environment to speed implementation and innovation. AWS provides advantages as a result of its cloud technology, which Liberty has been able to extend beyond the core insurance operations allowing for complementary innovations.
“Liberty Mutual recognized how cloud technology could increase their speed and agility, and offer more visibility into their operations, all while leveraging world-class security practices,” said Frank Fallon, vice president of financial services, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “We are pleased to have collaborated with the Liberty Mutual and EIS teams to make that vision a reality, as Liberty Mutual is taking an innovative approach to its use of cloud technology to better support its business goals.”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Steve Kronsnoble Joins CastleBay Companies as Insurance Principal Consultant
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Instec Expands Insurance Expertise with Hiring of Industry Veteran CJ Lotter
- Group Insurers Investing in Tech to Drive Customer Acquisition and Retention, Says Novarica
- RLI Selects DataCubes to Optimize Certain Underwriting Processes
- Reinsurance Software WebXL Version 4.3 Released by Prima Solutions-Effisoft Group
- Direct Online Could Grow to 12% of Small Commercial Insurance Market by 2023, Says Novarica
- David Fisher joins FRISS board as non-executive member
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
This month, the ITA celebrates Insurance Careers Month and encourages carriers, brokers, agents and our industry associations to plan their own... READ MORE
Customization in the general sense has a very positive connotation. However, in the world of software systems, customization quite often falls short... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE