Majesco Adds Pai to Leadership Team
Staff Writer | March 10, 2017
Majesco announces the expansion of the leadership team with the appointment of Ganesh Pai as the executive vice president of Majesco Consulting Services. In this role, Pai will lead consulting services growth strategy including enterprise consulting, data, and digital at the forefront.
In addition, Bill Freitag will be leading a new area for the company as the executive vice president of Strategic Programs. In this role, Freitag will be working with Majesco’s largest customers in support of the strategic transformation programs, leveraging his business transformation experience.
“The insurance industry is undergoing a major transformation to meet changing customer expectations, take advantage of disruptive technology trends, and overcome the threat of new and unconventional competition,” says Pai. “With insurance framework and asset-based offering across consulting, data, digital, and IT services, Majesco is positioned to help carriers accelerate their transformation journey. I am excited to join Majesco and look forward to working with my leadership team to successfully execute on our growth strategy”.
With over 26 years of experience, Pai is a successful and results-oriented leader spanning global P&L management, sales, marketing, and service delivery in the information technology and business process outsourcing industry. Pai was most recently at Genpact as vice president and global head of IT insurance business unit, following 17 years at Mphasis and eight years at Wipro.
In each of these roles, Pai contributed to their growth across multiple geographies. He holds an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering from Bangalore University, India, and an MBA from the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business and is a certified volunteer of CERT (Citizens Emergency Response Team) supporting first responders in the event of a major disaster.
“Our growing number of strategic programs with large insurers requires increased senior executive involvement and experience to help our customers achieve strategic business objectives. Leveraging my extensive enterprise strategy and consulting experience in similar, complex programs will provide additional support for our customers in their business transformation journey,” says Freitag.
Prior to joining Majesco, Freitag was CEO and managing partner of Agile Technologies (acquired by Majesco in 2015). He founded the company in 1997 to meet increasingly complex business processing and information technology requirements. Prior to founding Agile, he played a key role in the divestiture of Crum & Foster from Xerox Corporation and served as director of enterprise consulting for a $300 million professional services firm with 4,000 professionals in seven countries. Freitag has a B.S. in Mathematics from Fairfield University and attended the Executive Education program at Harvard Business School.
“Ganesh is a wonderful addition to our leadership team to help our growth strategy,” says Ketan Mehta, CEO and Co-Founder of Majesco. “His extensive insurance experience and success in managing insurance consulting services businesses for leading global organizations will strengthen our presence, commitment and capacity to introduce and deliver our solutions. With a growing customer base with strategic programs, Bill’s leadership and strategic program expertise will strengthen our relationships and long-term commitment to our customers.”
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Visioning, Setting Scope, and Execution Planning Critical for Successful Digital Strategies, Says Novarica
- ITS Implements QA Best Practices for Rockford Mutual
- FireLight® by Insurance Technologies Features New Advanced User Experience Capabilities and Wizard Designer
- InsurTech Startup Betterview Launches New AI Driven Roof Report to Immediately Identify Roof Condition & Characteristics
- Larger Insurers Extending their Analytics Leads and Piloting Artificial Intelligence, says 3rd Annual Novarica New Normal 100 Benchmark
- 360Globalnet Augments Services and Implementation Capabilities
- TechCanary Incorporates in Canada as TechCanary Insurance Software of Canada ULC
- XL Catlin to Build World’s First On-Demand Cyber Insurance Solution with Slice ICS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views