Motorists Deploys Guidewire Platform as Carrier Expands CL Presence
Staff Writer | August 23, 2017
Motorists Insurance Group and Guidewire Software announce that Motorists has successfully deployed Guidewire InsurancePlatform products to serve as the technology backbone for its new commercial lines company, Motorists Insurance, which was launched in May.
Motorists deployed Guidewire InsuranceSuite, Client Data Management, Rating Management, Standards Based Templates, Quote and Buy Portal for Policyholders, Account Management Portal for Policyholders, and Gateway Portal for Agents as part of an organization-wide initiative to support the company’s vision and transform the way it does business.
The company aimed to modernize its technology infrastructure and operations to better address the evolving needs of its agents and policyholders. In the first pilot of its implementation project, Motorists deployed the products across all of its commercial lines of business to agents in Michigan and Tennessee, with more pilot states to follow in the third quarter and a comprehensive state rollout throughout 2018. Eventually, InsuranceSuite and the Guidewire Digital products will be deployed across all of Motorists’ commercial lines of business in all of the states where the company does business.
“Thanks to the ‘one company, one solution, one experience’ vision and leadership of our CEO David Kaufman, we adopted the mindset of an 85-year-old startup and took a greenfield approach, allowing us the opportunity to reinvent our business, IT and organizational structure,” says John Kessler, senior vice president and chief strategy officer, Motorists. “In essence, it mitigated the need to integrate with disparate and antiquated systems and business processes being used by our various affiliates, and enabled us to create a brand new commercial lines company. We were able to collaborate effectively with Guidewire to facilitate a smooth implementation and complete the project on time and on budget,” Kessler added.
“With the launch of Motorists Insurance, we are now able to offer one technology platform and a consistent set of processes and procedures to serve our independent agents and associates,” says Todd Lawrence, vice president of Business Transformation, Motorists. “Internal and external stakeholder feedback has been positive, especially regarding our independent agents’ experiences with the new portals. Overall, we are very pleased with the new platform.”
InsuranceSuite and the Digital products are enabling Motorists to:
- Enhance operational efficiency, flexibility, upgradeability, and productivity throughout the organization by standardizing underwriting, policy administration, billing and claims management on a cohesive technology platform;
- Develop and execute best practices to deliver high levels of service to its independent agents and customers by empowering them with digital self-service claim, policy servicing and quoting capabilities;
- Make it easier for independent agents to acquire and service business more quickly and accurately;
- Reduce the time it takes to quote, change and bind a policy submitted by independent agents from 25-45 days to seconds;
- Offer straight-through processing for online sales, service and billing;
- Leverage ISO to provide coverages/restrictions that are current with what the marketplace expects; and
- Increase business agility and achieve lower total cost of ownership by being more nimble in reacting to changing business demands for new product sales and service models.
“We congratulate Motorists Insurance Group on its successful launch of Motorists Insurance to serve its commercial lines of business,” says Alex Naddaff, chief customer officer, Guidewire Software. “We applaud Motorists’ vision of ensuring the trust of its agents and policyholders and are humbled that our core and digital products are serving as the foundation for its transformation journey.”
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Unique partnership between VMSolution and FRISS enables fast claims process
- Roost Joins the IoT Insurance Observatory
- Appalachian Underwriters launches world-class billing and payments offering (through Input 1)
- National Life Transforms Customer Experience Program with Cognizant
- Insurers Driving Real, Measurable Value from Digital Investments
- Insurers Embracing Digital Claims Payments, Says Novarica
- Majesco and DataRobot Partner to Bring Integrated AI/Machine Learning with Majesco Solutions to Customers and the Insurance Industry
- Stonetrust Commercial Insurance Selects Insurity’s Cloud-hosted ‘Workers’ CompXPress Suite’ to Improve Operations and Customer Experience
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE