Mountain West Farm Bureau Selects Guidewire Suite
Staff Writer | July 01, 2016
Mountain West Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance and Guidewire Software announce that Mountain West has selected Guidewire core operations, data and analytics, and digital engagement products to adapt its business for success in today’s rapidly-changing insurance marketplace.
The company is looking to modernize its core system infrastructure and operations in order to reduce system maintenance costs, streamline business processes, and gain the flexibility needed to better address the evolving needs of its agents and customers.
BillingCenter will be implemented across all of Mountain West’s lines of business first, followed by ClaimCenter. PolicyCenter will be the final stage in the core system transformation, to be rolled out by line of business in each state where the company does business. Guidewire PartnerConnect consulting member, PwC US, is leading the implementation, with MVP Advisory Group providing advisory services.
Mountain West Farm Bureau has selected Guidewire InsuranceSuite along with Guidewire Client Data Management, Rating Management, Reinsurance Management, and Business Intelligence for InsuranceSuite as its new platform for underwriting, rating, policy administration, reinsurance, billing, claims, client data management, and business intelligence. The company will also leverage Guidewire Quote and Buy Portal for Policyholders, Account Management Portal for Policyholders, and Claim Portal for Vendors to enhance the digital experience for its policyholders and vendors.
“Guidewire’s product maturity, market share, and track record of successful implementations were important factors in our decision-making process,” says Erick Arens, vice president, sales and marketing, Mountain West Farm Bureau. “We are confident that this strategic relationship will provide Mountain West with the ability to grow our business, while continuing to provide dependable insurance coverage to our policyholders.”
The Guidewire platform will enable Mountain West to:
- Increase business agility by minimizing custom development and multi-phased approaches to bring new products and product enhancements to market more quickly;
- Leverage tools that will eliminate manual processes making it easier for agents to do business with policyholders; and
- Enhance operational efficiency and productivity throughout the organization by standardizing policy administration, billing management and claims handling processes on a common platform.
“We were looking for a comprehensive solution that required minimal customization, so the out-of-the-box functionality of InsuranceSuite was especially attractive to us,” said Dan Bleak, vice president, operations and underwriting, Mountain West Farm Bureau. “By selecting InsuranceSuite, we will be able to build on the synergies and best practices learned throughout each phase of the implementation process.”
“We are honored that Mountain West has chosen us as their trusted implementation partner,” says Dirk George, principal, PwC. “By selecting Guidewire, Mountain West will take action to meet the needs of its agents, vendors, and policyholders in a fast-moving insurance market.”
“We are pleased that Mountain West has selected Guidewire core, data, and digital products,” said Steve Sherry, senior vice president, worldwide sales for Guidewire. “These products will provide the foundation to help Mountain West achieve its business objectives. We look forward to working with Mountain West and PwC on this project.”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Medical Malpractice Insurers Investing in Analytics and Emerging Tech in Face of Market Pressures, Says Novarica
- Insurtech AI Leader Betterview Appoints Dan Shoham, PhD, as Chief Science Officer
- Vermont Mutual Insurance Group Selects One Inc for Digital Payments
- Insurers Embracing Machine Vision for Underwriting and Claims, Says Novarica
- Nationwide partners with Slice Labs to develop on-demand auto insurance for rideshare drivers
- AM Best Requests Comments on Draft Criteria: Scoring and Assessing Innovation
- Majesco Acquires Insurance Software Business in India
- MEMIC Scholarship for Families of Injured Workers Now Accepting Applications
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
There are so many great advances in the area of smart homes and buildings, it makes me wonder what the actual impact has been, or what I might have... READ MORE
This month, the ITA celebrates Insurance Careers Month and encourages carriers, brokers, agents and our industry associations to plan their own... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE