NSM Insurance Group (4Paws Insurance)and Allstate were each winners of the fourth annual ITA Bridge Awards.
Jim Daggett | April 23, 2018
The Insurance Technology Association (ITA) announced that representatives of NSM Insurance Group and Allstate were each winners of the fourth annual ITA Bridge Awards. The awards were presented at ITA LIVE, the ITA’s annual conference held this week at the Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa.
According to Jim Daggett, executive director of the ITA, the ITA Bridge Award honors insurance IT leaders and their counterparts on the business side. Business opportunities are sometimes lost and IT implementations often fail when leaders from IT and the business side fail to collaborate effectively and “bridge” the gap between technology and business, explains Daggett.
“The annual ITA Bridge Award keeps growing in popularity and we were flooded with a large number of great nominations,” says Daggett. “When the final tallies were counted by our advisory board, we faced a similar situation to last year’s nominations. The board was evenly split over who should win this year’s award. So we agreed that both were deserving of the honor.”
The NSM winners were Sandra Boucher, chief pet officer and program director for 4Paws insurance, and Mike Anselmo, chief information officer of NSM Insurance Group. Thanks to tight coordination between the IT and business functions, the company launched the new 4Paws pet insurance product in just under seven months. And in the process, it enabled NSM to become a full-fledged MGA.
According to Anselmo, the collaboration between IT and business not only opened the door to a new market for NSM, “but also provided a framework for future development projects that are resilient, reliable and engaging to use.”
The second ITA Bridge Award was presented to Miguel Edwards, vice president of Allstate Brand Distribution, and Darren Robbins, vice president of Allstate Technology and Strategic Ventures. This team focused on reforming the agent appointment process, something that often took more than 45 days – a lengthy period of time with no business coming from these new appointments.
According to Robbins, the utilization of an agile methodology and customer-focused approach, “helped us become more nimble, and deliver a better and faster product to market.”
The annual ITA Bridge Award is presented to both an IT leader and a business executive (or executives) working for a North American insurance company. They can come from any insurance industry business function, including underwriting, claims, finance, customer service, actuarial or marketing.
Nominations are accepted from insurance companies, software solution providers and industry consultants. The award is reflective of a long-term connectivity between the business unit and IT that demonstrates how an insurance company can operate effectively.
The full story of each of the 2018 winners is featured in the May issue of ITA Pro magazine, the official publication of the ITA.
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Duck Creek Acquires Distribution Management Provider Outline Systems LLC
- Guidewire Congratulates 2018 Innovation Award Winners – Economical Insurance, Motorists Insurance Group, and Zurich Mexico
- Over 70% of Insurers Now Use Some Cloud, Says Novarica
- Zywave Acquires Code SixFour, Bolstering its Suite of Proposal and Marketing Solutions for Insurance Brokers
- The Global InsurTech fund seeks InsurTech investments in Israel
- Selected Funeral and Life Insurance Company Goes LIVE with QLAdmin Solutions
- Crawford Human Risk Services Offers Enhanced Disability Management Services with Crawford EmployerWORKS Software
- Top ERP Systems for 2019
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
The Insurance Technology Association is pleased to announce that ITA Live 2019 is scheduled for May 5-7, 2019 at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and... READ MORE
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views