NetVU Names 2016 Automation Excellence Award Winners
Staff Writer | July 20, 2016
The Network of Vertafore Users (NetVU) announces the winners of its 2016 Automation Excellence awards, which celebrate agencies, carriers and managing general agencies that best exemplify excellence in automation and demonstrated leadership.
The winners are Agency: Marsh & McLennan Agency; Regional Carrier: Selective Insurance;
Super-Regional Carrier: The Motorists Insurance Group; and National Carrier: The Hanover Insurance Group.
“As automation pioneers, the 2016 winners provide groundbreaking help and inspiration,” noted Kitty Ambers, NetVU CEO. “They have successfully streamlined their operations and implemented innovative enhancements in efficiency and profitability. These are the frontrunners that many peers seek to emulate.”
Marsh & McLennan Agency has standardized the use of Vertafore’s Sagitta, BenefitPoint and WorkSmart products across the company and is rolling out its branded usage of Vertafore technology to its agencies in the nation. With 1,600 people using the systems, the agency aims to add another 3,000 or more in the next 18-24 months. Each of the agency’s associates now works with three monitors, after the rollout of the BenefitPoint, ImageRight and Sagitta systems.
Looking for ways to automate and create efficiencies, the agency’s technology team elicits feedback from associates and implements needed changes. The agency dedicates training resources to help associates acclimate and work at peak levels.
The Automation Excellence Awards in the carrier categories recognize insurance carriers for going “above and beyond to make it easier for insurance agencies to do business,” noted Ambers. NetVU members, Vertafore employees and insurance industry professionals nominated carriers. The carrier awards previously were called the Quantum Awards.
Selective Insurance, based in Branchville, New Jersey, provides significant support to the NetVU community. A Silver Corporate Partner with NetVU and a strong supporter of local NetVU Chapters, the carrier has had representatives present at numerous local meetings in states in which it operates.
Selective is a member and active participant in ACT (Agents Council for Technology), AUGIE (ACORD User Groups Information Exchange), and ACORD. The carrier has participated in Real Time since its inception.
The Motorists Insurance Group, based in Columbus, Ohio, was recognized as keeping its implementations at the leading edge, including those for AMS360, ImageRight and WorkSmart. Currently migrating its policy administration systems onto a Guidewire platform, the carrier draws praise for constant outreach to agents seeking input on how to be a better business partner.
Motorists also is involved in ACT and AUGIE, participating in work groups, and supports NetVU by providing meeting space for Chapter and Regional meetings. It hosted a three-day regional event, providing facilities, access and discounts to hotels and shuttles, and food and beverage.
The Hanover Insurance Group, based in Worcester, Mass., was recognized for innovatively streamlining operations for agents using Vertafore technology. The company shows a commitment to tackling a broad array of actions, transactions and services for agency needs. Agents confirm the company begins and ends every initiative with the involvement of agency partners, partly through a council network of agency principals and account managers.
Hanover has focused on agency productivity and ease of use. It has rewritten and recertified new personal lines download based on the latest industry standards; enhanced its personal lines portal technology, including Real Time; and provided responsive support for any device anytime and anywhere.
In commercial lines, Hanover improved the quoting and issuance process; streamlined the referral process, added credit card payment options, and developed a new portal for agencies focusing on specialty business.
The company is represented on the board of directors of the ID Federation, InVEST, National Council on Compensation Insurance, and the IVANS carrier advisory board. It participates in ACT and AUGIE working groups, the Professional Insurance Agents (PIA) member council, and the Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers.
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Unique partnership between VMSolution and FRISS enables fast claims process
- Roost Joins the IoT Insurance Observatory
- Appalachian Underwriters launches world-class billing and payments offering (through Input 1)
- National Life Transforms Customer Experience Program with Cognizant
- Insurers Driving Real, Measurable Value from Digital Investments
- Insurers Embracing Digital Claims Payments, Says Novarica
- Majesco and DataRobot Partner to Bring Integrated AI/Machine Learning with Majesco Solutions to Customers and the Insurance Industry
- Stonetrust Commercial Insurance Selects Insurity’s Cloud-hosted ‘Workers’ CompXPress Suite’ to Improve Operations and Customer Experience
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE