New Version of EIS Group's BillingCore Software Introduced
Staff Writer | September 10, 2015
EIS Group announces the latest version of BillingCore, a key component of the EIS Suite, which includes functionality to support modal billing across personal, commercial, and benefits lines of insurance business.
The modal billing functionality allows EIS Group’s insurance clients to adjust premium billing to fit specifications for any payroll type or frequency preferred by an employer, business or individual. To keep pace with industry trends and consumer preferences, this moves the modern insurer away from monthly batch billing and provides flexibility for better ease of doing business, reduced reconciliation time, improved cash flow across the value chain, and the ability to compete without constraint.
"Billing systems are becoming value-added technologies in need of replacement and regular updates to keep pace with customer demand and growing data complexity," says Karen Pauli, senior executive advisor for CEB TowerGroup. "They are being pulled out of the back-office and put onto the front lines. Modal billing is among the key features EIS Group has developed for insurer customers, customer service representatives and agents that facilitate usability and focus on areas that are important for commercial, personal, and benefits lines of business."
The EIS Suite, which includes PolicyCore, BillingCore, ClaimCore, and CustomerCore, is built on an open, scalable platform to support multi-line, multi-distribution, and multi-point engagement over the lifetime of customer interactions. BillingCore, in particular, automates critical billing tasks for both inbound and outbound payment issues and enables insurers to produce a consolidated bill for all products by customer, to configure billing rules to minimize time spent on maintenance and administration. Additionally, BillingCore helps insurers operate seamlessly and efficiently in an omni-channel environment, which aligns with the flexible ways customers want to be billed.
Other enhancements to BillingCore are designed to increase speed-to-market, enable internal efficiencies for insurers and improve customer service, including:
- Support for business rule creation which automatically populates payroll calendars with appropriate premium deductions according to, and in alignment with, invoicing calendars;
- Suspension of billing account handling to support payment-to-invoice reconciliation;
- Enhanced payment plan and billing due day configuration;
- Paid-to-date indicators at both the group and account level;
- Real-time billing moratorium updates; and
- Returned premium handling flexibility.
"When it comes to billing, reconciling pay mode premium with billing cycles is a particularly onerous challenge for insurers and employers," says Rowshi Pejooh, senior vice president, product management for EIS Group. "This release provides the flexibility to align insurer or employer billing cycles with policyholder payroll cycles, thereby creating an easy-to-do-business-with environment for policyholders, while reducing manual reconciliation effort and costs associated with workarounds caused by legacy system limitations."
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Appointment of Wendy Aarons-Corman as CEO of OWIT Global
- 360Globalnet Connecting with Insurer Community as AAIS Associate Partner
- Agero Names George Horvat as Chief Operations Officer
- FRISS Joins Duck Creek Partner Ecosystem to Provide Risk and Fraud Detection Solutions to Property & Casualty Insurers Worldwide
- Nationwide Announces New Tech Partnership to Improve Safety for Long-Haul Truck Drivers
- Global Investments in Insurtech: Digitalization Taking Hold
- Lucens Group Announces Corporate Name Change to Claimify to Reflect Commitment to its Software Platform
- The Co-operators Drives Innovative Claims Process with Guidewire InsurancePlatform Cloud-Based Predictive Analytics System
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE