OneShield Expands to Other Financial Services
Staff Writer | February 05, 2016
OneShield Software is applying its automated and user-configurable rapid application development technology to a broader range of financial services. Advantage Insurance Holdings Ltd. of Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, provides specialty insurance and related services to business owners and high net worth individuals seeking customized solutions for their risk management and financial planning needs. Advantage worked with OneShield to automate what was largely a manual and paper-based process for issuing, rating, and managing complex and custom-tailored insurance products.
"Simply stated, OneShield is extending its proven platform to other financial service sectors. We are able to rapidly build digital business solutions by leveraging our common object models and without writing a single line of code. Couple that with our ability to support the application in the cloud and on an ‘as-a-service’ basis, and the efficiencies and savings for our clients are even greater," says OneShield President and CEO Glenn Anschutz. "OneShield has demonstrated the extensibility of our technology platform in the P&C market but this project clearly highlights OneShield's ability to scale and provide solutions to new markets outside of traditional P&C."
Automating Core Systems and Processes
PPLI policies are a form of variable life insurance that offer policyholders a customized estate planning tool. While Advantage had grown rapidly in the PPLI marketspace since its launch in 1993, they have relied heavily on maintaining policies in a manual manner.
Advantage turned to OneShield to adapt its OneShield Enterprise core system to their market need, enabling the firm to create new efficiencies in task and document processing, improving financial management, enhancing customer communication, and ensuring adherence to anti-money laundering and know-your-customer regulations.
"OneShield's technology platform gives us the flexibility and horsepower we need to meet our goals for future growth and scalability," says Eric Miller, senior vice president for Advantage Life. "Ultimately, it means we can service our clients with the utmost efficiency and responsiveness."
Using OneShield's technology platform, expectations are that operational efficiency at Advantage will allow automation of nearly 100 percent of its paper-based processes, and will modernize the controls and management of its policy documents. Another key improvement will be in analytics and business intelligence reporting. Internal stakeholders will have automated and customized reporting for rapid information sharing and monitoring. As a result, overhead costs are expected to decrease dramatically as the system evolves.
Compliance Management and Business Development
As in other areas of insurance and financial services, Advantage required a core system that could fulfill compliance and know-your-customer requirements. An important component of OneShield's platform is its Entity Relationship Management (ERM) module with capabilities to track all interactions with existing and prospective clients, proactively alerting specific users to upcoming events and activities.
"Knowing there was no software in the market that addressed our needs, it was critical to Advantage that the partner we chose had a centralized data model schema, that would ease the creation of programming "objects" that describe our life, annuity and asset concepts," explains Miller. "The icing on the cake, so to speak, was the ability to leverage OneShield's existing frameworks, allowing us to quickly create workflows and tailor them to our business."
Within the OneShield Enterprise application framework, policy administration is handled under a role-based user access model that allows Advantage personnel to self-manage and configure their business process flow - from prospecting to policy termination. The user interface can be self-configured to meet Advantage's specific requirements for viewing, managing, and analyzing its business pipeline to monitor and procure new business opportunities.
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Medical Malpractice Insurers Investing in Analytics and Emerging Tech in Face of Market Pressures, Says Novarica
- Insurtech AI Leader Betterview Appoints Dan Shoham, PhD, as Chief Science Officer
- Vermont Mutual Insurance Group Selects One Inc for Digital Payments
- Insurers Embracing Machine Vision for Underwriting and Claims, Says Novarica
- Nationwide partners with Slice Labs to develop on-demand auto insurance for rideshare drivers
- AM Best Requests Comments on Draft Criteria: Scoring and Assessing Innovation
- Majesco Acquires Insurance Software Business in India
- MEMIC Scholarship for Families of Injured Workers Now Accepting Applications
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
There are so many great advances in the area of smart homes and buildings, it makes me wonder what the actual impact has been, or what I might have... READ MORE
This month, the ITA celebrates Insurance Careers Month and encourages carriers, brokers, agents and our industry associations to plan their own... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE