Oragami Acquisition Expands Resources, Service Capabilities for Insurers
Staff Writer | December 20, 2016
Oragami Risk, a provider of software and services to the risk and insurance industry, announces it has acquired Claimwire, a provider of automated workers’ compensation forms, compliance resources, and regulatory information to the insurance industry.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Origami Risk, Claimwire will continue to operate independently and maintain all of its services to its clientele of insurers, third party administrators, risk managers, and software vendors. In addition, the acquired firm’s employees, including Steve Schmutz, CEO of Claimwire, will remain in their respective roles at Claimwire.
“At Origami Risk, we have always employed state-of-the-art automation within our model in order to maintain the industry’s most satisfied customer base while achieving steady growth,” says Aaron Shapiro, executive director, Origami Risk. “Claimwire is a valuable outsourced regulatory compliance resource for many claims organizations, serving up-to-date workers’ compensation rules, forms and tools on a silver platter of automation. Adding Origami’s expertise and support to Claimwire ensures the future of this resource for TPAs, insurance carriers, self-insureds and for other software vendors throughout the industry. This was an excellent opportunity for us to offer efficiency to our customers, partners and many other users.”
“This combination is truly a win-win for both organizations and our clients,” says Schmutz. “We are thrilled to be part of Origami Risk. We look forward to enhancing Claimwire’s capabilities through the expertise and resources Origami will contribute while affording us the opportunity to operate independently, and to continue serving all segments of our clientele.”
Claimwire has an online library of more than 5,000 state workers’ compensation claim forms, Claimwire has fulfilled nearly 11.5 million individual form requests since it began operations in 2012. Additionally, Claimwire’s search engine provides access to more than 7,000 federal and state laws and regulations, and its online portal facilitates workers’ compensation claim reporting in all 50 states.
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Optimum General Selects Guidewire InsurancePlatform for Core Operations
- Blue Cod Technologies Announces Corporate Name Change to Activer Solutions
- MVP Advisory Group Names Data & Analytics Partner
- Billing Core to Insurers' Service Strategies; Novarica Profiles 15 Vendor Solution Providers
- Million Women Mentors Recognizes MEMIC’s Advocacy
- Guidewire Software Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2019 Financial Results
- Patra Corp Expands Successful Initial Phase of Patra Academy, Partners with Military Spouse Employment Program
- Ecclesiastical Insurance Group Selects Sapiens’ Property and Casualty Insurance Suite as its New Core Platform
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE