PIEtech, Covr Collaborate on Insurance Platform
Staff Writer | November 08, 2016
PIEtech, Inc., and Covr Financial Technologies announce a partnership that brings together the power of MoneyGuidePro, which brings together financial planning software with Covr’s digital personal insurance platform that provides a way to research and buy personal insurance. The combination of these technology tools allows clients’ risks to be addressed through insurance solutions in a quality financial plan.
Addressing the risks that can derail an investor’s plan for retirement is a critical area to success for all investors. “According to research completed with 1,653advisors, the analysis of risks such as disability risk, longevity risk, life insurance and long-term care needs should be evaluated as part of a quality financial plan. However, our experience shows that only a small percentage of advisors actually include plans to address these risks,” says Kevin Knull, president of PIEtech. “While these types of insurance products are not subject to the DOL’s conflict of interest rules, failure to address such exposures may have a significant impact on how a person or couple should be invested. By identifying the need in a financial plan and then making it easy to implement and underwrite these types of products, we expect that the Covr implementation module will dramatically increase the amount of clients that are able to be helped by advisors.”
Bill Benjamin, CEO of Covr, adds, “By working together with PIEtech, I believe we will completely transform the way advisors and institutions think about insurance, and in the process will help more Americans prepare for the unexpected. I am confident that institutions will look at this as a significant innovation that will streamline the insurance process.”
The integration will take the relevant data from the financial plan in MoneyGuidePro and will pre-populate Covr’s analysis engine to help identify which type or combination of insurance solutions might be best to solve for the insurance needs. Once advisors identify the most appropriate solution, they can then implement the solutions and, depending on the size of the case, may be able to instantly issue an insurance policy. The system is set up for open architecture, meaning each broker/dealer can select the insurance carriers and types of products that they would like to be reflected in the tool.
The PIEtech and Covr integration, which will be completed in the fourth quarter, will help advisors and their clients:
- Identify and solve for risks that can impact the client’s ability to achieve their goals.
- Increase the client’s awareness of risks and specific actions to address them with tailored solutions that include life, disability and long term care insurance.
- Provide clients with an easy way to track the progress and status of their insurance.
Covr has already implemented its solution with more than fifty financial institutions where it is focused on making the entire insurance process easier for the institution, advisor and consumer.
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Visioning, Setting Scope, and Execution Planning Critical for Successful Digital Strategies, Says Novarica
- ITS Implements QA Best Practices for Rockford Mutual
- FireLight® by Insurance Technologies Features New Advanced User Experience Capabilities and Wizard Designer
- InsurTech Startup Betterview Launches New AI Driven Roof Report to Immediately Identify Roof Condition & Characteristics
- Larger Insurers Extending their Analytics Leads and Piloting Artificial Intelligence, says 3rd Annual Novarica New Normal 100 Benchmark
- 360Globalnet Augments Services and Implementation Capabilities
- TechCanary Incorporates in Canada as TechCanary Insurance Software of Canada ULC
- XL Catlin to Build World’s First On-Demand Cyber Insurance Solution with Slice ICS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views