Pitney Bowes Enhances Data Management Capabilities for Spectrum Platform
Staff Writer | March 12, 2014
Pitney Bowes Inc. announces a new release of its Spectrum Technology Platform, providing integrated data quality, data integration, master data management, and analytics capabilities to help organizations address their Big Data challenges from one unified platform.
The platform is designed to help organizations extract more value from their data to drive greater profitability, reduce risk, and deliver more personalized and contextually relevant customer experiences. The benefit of this technology is that it allows clients to deliver trusted data and insights in context across touch-points to maximize the value of customer information. It does so by aggregating, cleansing, and consolidating data from disparate sources and enriching it with corporate and third-party reference data.
This data is modeled as knowledge graphs, built on graph database technology, which makes it easier for users to view, retrieve, and use the key insights for better decision-making. Knowledge graphs provide the ability to create multi-dimensional views of information to address specific needs of various business stakeholders in organizations such as sales, marketing and compliance. In addition, business stakeholders prefer to view data in the context of their process and in line with appropriate governance policies.
“Clients today require more dynamic and flexible solutions to help them manage their customer information,” says Navin Sharma, vice president of product management, information management software and solutions at Pitney Bowes. “We have a track record of providing our clients with technology to better understand, service, and cultivate customer relationships. The new enhancements we have added to the Spectrum Technology Platform will further ensure that clients are well-equipped to unlock the value of their customer data where traditional approaches have failed.”
Key capabilities in this new release are:
- Visual Data Modeling: Subject-matter experts model to the business outcome using an intuitive "white-board" approach delivered via a web UI. This provides a way to manage complex relationships and hierarchies and support better collaboration between business and IT functions.
- Process-centric Data Governance: With access to corporate data as well as external sources, business stewards are able to review and resolve issues quickly. They can also capture and visualize data quality trends against established key performance indicators to monitor the health of the data assets in context of their processes.
- Big Data Readiness: With the ability to handle large data sets, combined with advanced clustering and in-memory caching, organizations can process large volumes of data coming in at high velocity.
- Enhanced Entity Resolution: Advanced search coupled with matching algorithms against unstructured data, enables companies high-performance access to disambiguated information for building 360 degree customer views.
- Industry and Application Certifications: Support for several new standards and applications has been added. This includes HL7, the healthcare information standard, latest versions of SAP applications, NetSuite and postal certifications for CASS (U.S.) and SERP (Canada).
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Visioning, Setting Scope, and Execution Planning Critical for Successful Digital Strategies, Says Novarica
- ITS Implements QA Best Practices for Rockford Mutual
- FireLight® by Insurance Technologies Features New Advanced User Experience Capabilities and Wizard Designer
- InsurTech Startup Betterview Launches New AI Driven Roof Report to Immediately Identify Roof Condition & Characteristics
- Larger Insurers Extending their Analytics Leads and Piloting Artificial Intelligence, says 3rd Annual Novarica New Normal 100 Benchmark
- 360Globalnet Augments Services and Implementation Capabilities
- TechCanary Incorporates in Canada as TechCanary Insurance Software of Canada ULC
- XL Catlin to Build World’s First On-Demand Cyber Insurance Solution with Slice ICS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views