ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
Bill Sinn | April 04, 2019
ProSight Specialty Insurance, a leading specialty insurance company, today announced a significant expansion of its ProSight Direct digital platform that makes the insurance experience effortless for today’s professionals. This extensive launch offers over 20 new classes of independent professionals access to customized coverage through a simple online platform, adding to ProSight Direct’s existing offerings for DJs, fitness instructors and wellness specialists.
ProSight Direct’s platform offers a modern approach to insurance, with custom policies, instant access, and dedicated online support. And, unlike many online commercial insurance brokers, ProSight Direct customers deal with the same company that will take care of their claims, instead of being handed off to another company that doesn’t understand their needs.
“Today’s professional has come to expect an incredible online experience from their financial services providers, but the insurance industry just hasn’t kept up” said Darryl Siry, President of ProSight Direct. “ProSight combines the security and service of a real insurance company with the online capabilities and ease of use of a modern tech company, making the whole experience effortless for our customers.”
According to Darryl, much attention is paid to the “digital transformation” imperative for carriers or to the disruption created by Insuretechs. ProSight Direct is a perfect example for either storyline. It is a fully digitally enabled insurance business, and it is delivered not by a VC-backed Insurtech but rather an established, profitable specialty insurance carrier.
"Our target market – solo professionals – is a very large ($7B) and underserved market. The average premium size is very small (~$300) so agents are not incentivized to service this market and carriers’ traditional operations are usually too expensive to profitably serve these customers," said Darryl. He added that small business buyers are increasingly looking to buy insurance online. According to Deloitte, 66% of businesses with <$100K of revenue were either “Very Likely” or “Somewhat Likely” to buy insurance direct online (Based on Voice of the Small Commercial Consumer Survey, Deloitte Center for Financial Services, March 2013.)
"ProSight Direct’s end-to-end technology platform enables us to deliver the online insurance experience these customers want at a very low cost to serve since almost every need these customers have can be delivered automatically online with no human involvement," he added. "However, customers can livechat or talk to a licensed customer service representative if they choose."
Few if any commercial carriers or Insuretechs have this end-to-end capability for small business. Most carriers’ online capabilities focus only on quoting and most Insuretechs are not actually an insurance company and therefore can’t provide the full range of service online. For example, ProSight Direct Customers can modify or endorse their policies online 24/7 without having to send an email or pick up the phone.
Small business professionals can get a quote in less than 60 seconds at www.prosightdirect.com. ProSight Direct is teaming up with a growing number of marketing partners to offer access to our platform. To work with ProSight Direct to offer your members or audience an unrivaled insurance product and experience, contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more from ProSight Specialty CEO Joe Beneducci when he keynotes at ITA LIVE 2019 next month in Ft. Lauderdale. Register here: ITA LIVE 2019
- Insurtech Landscape 2019: Top 5 Takeaways
- Grinnell Mutual Tackles Massive Transformation -- in Stride
- A Candid Conversation with Paul Mang
- SageSure Insurance Managers Improved Competitiveness by Consolidating Payments to a Single Digital Platform
- Digital Does Matter in Insurance-- And Insurers are Missing the Mark
- The 22nd-Century Insurer: Taking a Cloud-First IT Approach
- The September/October 2019 issue of ITA PRO magazine is now available in digital format here:
- ITA Pro Magazine May/June 2019
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Synergy Between Insurers' IT and Analytics Teams Key to Operationalizing Insights, Says Novarica
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- New Majesco Report Emphasizes the Burning Platform for Insurance Transformation and Market Leadership
- Veruna Named Insurance Technology Company of the Year
- Joint partnership between MedRisk and Raintree Systems to reduce administrative burden and expedite payment for physical therapy
- Hearsay Systems Joins Guidewire PartnerConnect Solution Alliance Program
- Effisoft's Reinsurance Software Named "2019 Software Innovation of the Year" by Reactions Magazine
- Virginia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company Selects One Inc for Claims Processing
- OPTIS Study Finds Big Players Still Paying Top Dollar for P&C Agencies
- Principal Financial Group Partners with EIS Group on Disability Insurance
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2020
ITA LIVE 2020 –SAVE THE DATE!
April 5th – 7th, 2020
The Diplomat Resort
Become a member today to receive updates – www.itapro.org/MR
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE