Reinsurance Intermediary Selects Xuber Platform
Staff Writer | September 05, 2014
Xuber was been selected by Cooper Gay Swett & Crawford (CGSC), an insurance and reinsurance intermediary, to install the OPEN Core Platform: MGA solution at its Sydney-based Epsilon Managing General Agent (MGA). The product will enable CGSC to consolidate and grow its global MGA and program business. The contract marks the first win for Xuber’s expanded business, following the acquisition of Agencyport Europe in July.
“Cooper Gay Swett & Crawford joins our flourishing customer base in the dynamic MGA marketplace,” says Chris Baker, managing director of Xuber. “While MGA businesses vary greatly, their challenges are the same: How to operate efficiently, how to access and interpret granular data, and how to adapt to the changing and varied market.”
OPEN Core Platform: MGA provides CGSC with a single view of the MGA and program business, as well as common process, workflow, reporting and tailored functionality. It also offers brokers who engage with CGSC easy access to the service, enabling them to transact business swiftly and accurately, enhancing their own competitive advantage.
“We are committed to investing in our people, service, and products, and this has delivered in terms of our results,” adds Baker. “Furthermore, this marks the first client win for Xuber since its recent expansion, and is evidence of our even stronger offering. We want to partner with ambitious companies that appreciate our collaborative ethos, and are delighted to be working with CGSC on this exciting initiative, bringing together multiple MGA’s and programs across their entire international business.”
The product is part of Xuber’s OPEN Suite, and is configured for Managing General Agents to provide an agile, end-to-end policy administration solution. Through the platform, CGSC can manage and report on every stage of the policy life cycle including underwriting, accounting and claims, for all major classes of business.
“We recognized the need to deploy a strategic MGA product that will streamline our global processes, provide greatly enhanced customer and carrier service and support our MGA growth and acquisition strategy,” says John Flanagan, chief administration officer, CGSC. “Xuber will enable us to do this by consolidating our complex global MGA and program business.”
The OPEN Core solution will adapt to CGSC’s needs as the company grows. The web portal aspect of the solution provides easy access for brokers and third party administrators to facilitate efficient processing of claims.
“OPEN Core Platform: MGA became a clear and straightforward choice for us,” says Gavin Southwell, head of operations for CGSC. “It provides us with a single scalable solution that will fulfil the needs of our international MGAs and insurance programs in different regions with the various language, currency, tax and regulatory requirements that go with them. Of equal importance, there’s a collaborative culture running through the entire Xuber team which is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing our first implementation in Australia go live and additional implementations over time. ”
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Cloverleaf Analytics Announces Version 2.0 Release
- AmWINS selects ClarionDoor’s Digital Distribution Suite to Power Underwriting Platform
- Ask Kodiak Connects TrustedChoice.com Carrier Appetite to TechCanary Agency Management System
- Seth Bostock Joins Lucens Group as CTO with Vision to Simplify the Disability Insurance Experience
- Life Insurers Enhancing Claims Systems, Novarica Profiles Six Prominent Providers
- HazardHub Releases Frozen Pipe Score, Ice Dam Score and enhanced Weather Variables
- Big Gains & Big Bets in the Independent Insurance Channel
- Life/Annuity Insurers Taking Product and Distribution Strategy Cues from InsureTech, says Novarica
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
The Insurance Technology Association is pleased to announce that ITA Live 2019 is scheduled for May 5-7, 2019 at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and... READ MORE
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views